back to article Xobni gets $7m cash injection from Cisco and co

Silicon Valley startup Xobni, which develops MS Outlook plug-ins, has raised a $7m series B round of funding led by network giant Cisco. Investors from the series A round of funding - Khosla Ventures, First Round Capital, Baseline Ventures, and Atomico - also contributed to this cash splurge. Xobni said the latest investment …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Edwin
    Thumb Down

Bubble 3.0?

I've used it, and while I think it works OK (not great, but OK), I somehow wonder how they're selling this as a multi-million dollar biz, especially if there are only 1.5M users, most of whom would probably not pay to use it...

2. Kobayashi Gimp
    Thumb Up

Cisco+Xobni=

Ballmer+chair

Why do I get the feeling that this investment is less about technology and more about getting one over on MSFT.

3. dedmonst
    Go

they'll need to fix the performance issues first

I used xobni for a few months but had to get rid as it slowed my outlook client to a painful crawl. It might be ok for those with small-medium mailboxes, but for old hoarders like me who hardly ever delete anything (just in case) it just couldn't handle the email volume

Get it to work faster, or at least lel users tune what it does and doesn't analyse and I'd certainly use it again.

Of course they'll need to spend that $7M on patent lawyers to stop M$ just nicking all the ideas and building them into the next version of Outlook.

4. Pierre

Indox backwards?

Isn't being a backward mail thinggy Exchange's job?

5. zonky
    Thumb Up

A product looking for a market.

It's not actually bad, but purely as a search tool for Outlook, because Outlook search indexing is rubbish and randomly doesn't work.

I really don't care at all about the linkedin rubbish, and if i had to pay for it i wouldn't.

This topic is closed for new posts.