back to article Elon Musk shows world that he is truly awful at something

Living meme Elon Musk has followed up his feelgood hit of 2019, "RIP Harambe", with "Don't Doubt ur Vibe", a saccharine slab of dreamy electropop that we're sure has nothing to do with rubbing Tesla's results in our collective face. It seems the father of Canadian synth goblin Grimes' child has been inspired to disrupt the …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

re:Of course Elon's faithful

Now that Terry 'He's just a naughty boy' has gone to comic heaven, Elon's failful will be even more firmly in the camp of 'Elon is the new messiah' and any words even slightly critical of him will result in a barrage that only the one that announced the start of D-Day could better.

Apparently we'll all be driving around in his cybertrucks in a few years. TBH, I think it's level of ugliness is only exceeded by a Hummer.

1. MyffyW Silver badge

Re: re:Of course Elon's faithful

Even the Hummer is more stylish, by dint of it's "Tank Girl" connections to the military-industrial-complex.

2. el kabong

He's preparing to give Opera a try

Given his immense talent I can already anticipate the headlines.

something like this: 'Elon "pedo guy" Musk moves fast and breaks Giuseppe Verdi's legacy'

or: 'Elon "pedo guy" Musk disrupts Giuseppe Verdi's legacy.'

or worse: 'Elon "pedo guy" Musk murders La Traviata'

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I seriously crave a duet of Elon and Kim Dotcom. And by crave I mean dread.

1. Jellied Eel Silver badge

Throw in John MacAffee on percussion, and it's a deal.

As for cruel & unusual, I guess that could be pushing this 'song' out to all registered Teslas.

1. Dr Dan Holdsworth
        Stop

You could always get Richard Stallman to do some backing vocals, I hear he quite likes singing...

2. Fungus Bob

Couldn't be any worse than 'Bong Water Day'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ere__wxSlJ4

3. Sgt_Oddball
    Windows

Wow... Just wow...

Soundcloud have decided that songs similar to it are an ad for erectile disfunction (surely just a symptom of the music rather than something similar?) and 'ram ranch 7' which has the song track image of a buff young gentleman wearing only jeans and leather chaps...

Is it pub o'clock yet? I need some mind bleach on tap...

1. Sanctimonious Prick
      Angel

Re: Wow... Just wow...

No, no. The ad you saw had nothing to do with the music.

:D

4. MJB7
    Pint

Stick to the rockets

Seconded. He's a grade-A prick, but that video of the two boosters coming in to land after launching Starman ... just wow!. Mr Currie should have one of these ----->

5. WolfFan Silver badge

Award-winning

I hereby declare Mr. Musk to be the winner of the William Shatner/Leonard Nimoy Trophy for Excellence in Singing. He has truly gone where no man (or woman...) has gone before (or wanted to). He has finally surpassed the master, William Shatner, doing better than even Shatner’s classic cover of ‘Rocket Man’.

1. genghis_uk
      Coat

Re: Award-winning

Personally, I thought Shatner peaked at the cover of Common People by Pulp.

1. jonathan keith

Arguably better than the (magnificent) original.

2. Doctor Evil

"Personally, I thought Shatner peaked at the cover of Common People by Pulp."

Only because he had the incomparable Joe Jackson on keyboards and backing vocals.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Shitting on Ninoy and Shatner is a bit too mainstream for me. How about we clectivelyblisten to one of Christopher Lee's albums and discuss.

https://youtu.be/XJkgf8lU_ds

Please. Enjoy.

1. Mark 85

Shitting on Ninoy and Shatner is a bit too mainstream for me. How about we clectivelyblisten to one of Christopher Lee's albums and discuss.

My ears.. my ears.... my brain.... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

2. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Remember he also did the Charlemagne metal album.. and taught Peter Jackson what the sound of a man being stabbed to death was like.. the man had a life more interesting than most...

Massacre of the Saxons:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3Hk_u578s8

3. TRT Silver badge

I used to have an audiobook tape of Christopher Lee reading James Herbert's The Fog.

I didn't make it to the end of Chapter One before losing consciousness; ever.

On the plus side, I discovered the cure for insomnia.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

That has to be photograph of the decade or certainly in the top 10

7. Alister

And not one mention of the words "pedo" or "guy" in the article.

Such a shame.

1. Flocke Kroes Silver badge

For the obvious reason:

Funding was not approved.

8. IHateWearingATie
    Thumb Down

Terrible

I'm a fan of this kind of EDM and listen to it a lot.

That is terrible.

1. werdsmith Silver badge

Re: Terrible

Terrible I agree.

But it is an average to good effort for its genre.

9. Rich 11

ohgodsohgodsmyearsmakeitstop

Autotuning is a superbly reliable method for murdering good music and making bad music worse. This wasn't good music.

10. Stork Silver badge

Can't you stick him ON rocket(s)?

See title

1. Mark 85

Re: Can't you stick him ON rocket(s)?

But the aliens would send him back.... <sigh>

1. Tom 7

But at least I'll be dead by the time he gets back.

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

Nah Geordi and Data will have him back in...2-3 hours. But it'll be tricky.

2. imanidiot Silver badge

Pretty sure that's still the eventual plan.

3. TRT Silver badge

An EDM version of "Urban Spaceman"... I'm all ears (said Spock).

11. Neil Barnes Silver badge
    Headmaster

Ur?

Of the Chaldees, no doubt...

1. Jellied Eel Silver badge

Re: Ur?

It may have sounded better in the original Summerian. Music for lyres though?

1. Tom 7

Re: Ur?

Geissenkloesterle Cave music - a mere 42000 years ago. I wonder if no-one wrote it down for a reason.

12. MalIlluminated

My head hurts.

That was utterly painful to listen to. After watching reporting on wars, natural disasters, and even genocide, it was this article that really brought home the sacrifices that journalists make to bring us their reporting. Mr Currie, I thank you for your service. The backing track was, at best, four minutes of my life that I'll never get back... but those vocals. Auto-tune is a pitch-corrector. It can't (well, shouldn't) be used to introduce pitch where there wasn't any to begin with. I'm somehow reminded of Dirk Diggler's demo tapes in Boogie Nights, but it's a charitable comparison: they didn't have Auto-Tune back then.

13. anonymous boring coward Silver badge

Apart from the spelling I think "Don't Doubt ur Vibe" was pretty good.

14. Chris G

Freeby

You can download free software that will allow you to make 'music' like this and Youtube has instructional video how tos, I think that's what muskie did.

The Grimes track just made me think of how much better watching Seven of Nine was than Grimes even without the lyrics and music.

15. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Does anyone else find it a bit odd that the guy's rockets seem to crash less than his cars?

1. T-Unit

When's your next open mic?

2. veti Silver badge

There are a lot more of the cars than rockets, so - no, not really.

16. 89724102172714182892114I7551670349743096734346773478647892349863592355648544996312855148587659264921

meh

This will cause mass suicide at Burning Man and for that, it has my wholehearted support

17. Kevin McMurtrie Silver badge

Hey, where's my keyboard?

Said the recent reproducer of Y2K EDM.

Excellently bad Y2K EDM for those stuck at work: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sq1RLxPT_Ks

18. Fruit and Nutcase Silver badge
    Joke

Elon Musk meets...

However, we're firmly of the school of thought that Musk should probably stick to rockets

"Okay, so you're a rocket scientist

That don't impress me much"

Shania Twain

19. Fruit and Nutcase Silver badge
    Coat

Pret

He's now making a round of tea for his insolence.

I'd have sent him off to Pret for some sandwiches, wearing a blond wig and impersonating Pamela Anderson

20. Celeste Reinard

no. no. no.

The title-quotation, I gather, must be the utterance from one of Englands previous "leaders" (putting the quote "take me to your leader" in quite a different perspective) after she must have heard Ad Visser, the presenter of the dutch variety of Top of the Pops (being a rip-off and all), Toppop. Ad Visser being a presenter of said program, making exactly the same kind of what his idea was that music also could be. (No need to go look at YouTube, you can take my word for it - darn, it's awful.) The one moment in time the future baroness was right: this cannot and will not do!

I am born in this country, you know. - Now you know what's wrong with me - having to evolve in situ in order to survive, quite a feat - so I can assure that El Reg is not complicit in any physical harm or deformation by the distribution of Elon's Sweetest Child in Time.

My sympathies go to my fellow readers who did suffer and find themselves in quite a different place from which they last time remember to be, in quite a different shape, and bits missing from their soul. The guy in the white coat told me, with loving, caring eyes, that given time and good care, I could live to see my kids grow up. And when I say caring eyes, I mean that he even didn't blink when I said he could have my kids, it being for the best, since, well, no legal surgery can undo that, pointing at the terror twins, while wrecking the peace and killing each other, growing up with Frozen and that.

With one of the greatest philosophers in mind, Captain Sensible, I dare say it's music, I am happily damned, but no truer words were spoken when he said: Noises for hero's, music 's for zero's.

21. Fruit and Nutcase Silver badge
    Joke

Tesla Roadster/Falcon Heavy

Can Space X do an OTA OS (Over Space?) update of the Tesla Roadster that was used for the Falcon Heavy payload test? In which case they could add this to the playlist on the sound system.

22. Screwed
    FAIL

I was quite sure that what EM couldn't do was implied by this:

Elon Musk's new EDM single reviewed – 'Bringing erectile dysfunction to the masses!'

Wrong again.

1. TRT Silver badge

Oh, he doesn't seem to have much trouble getting anything up. It's coming back down that's the problem.

23. Jedit Silver badge
    IT Angle

"Elon Musk shows world that he is truly awful at something"

I'm curious now. When did Musk show the world that he was actually good at something, other than self-promotion and raising venture capital?

(The IT angle is sequential to the SH angle, in the case of his music.)

24. AlexFox

I can not find where to ask about the set-top. Has anyone ordered at switchonshop? Do they have quality goods?

25. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

He's got a touch of the Kim Jong Il about him: I've never played golf, but if I did...

26. spold Silver badge

Don't give up your day job.

27. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Just came here to say Elon "pedo guy" Musk.

That is all, thanks.

28. WONKY CLERKY

Sirs,

With ref to Mr Musk's commissions - Works of sonic delight if I ever,

(compared with wot's pumped out as 'music' these days).

Kindly send me the Köchel Numbers ASAP and I shall further copy to The British library forthwith.

Yours, in the canceling headphones,

D. Mented.

03-02-20 :MON: PM

Somewhere-in-Space

SK3 9RH

29. Roger Kynaston
    Boffin

ear bleach

though perhaps simple mind bleach would work. I desperately need to unhear that though.

We need a puke icon.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like