back to article AT&T punts $99 iPhone

Although the rumors of a $99 iPhone 3G from Walmart recently died an ignominious death, that yearned-for two-digit price point has again resurfaced - and this time it's real. To make the deal even sweeter, if you buy before December 31 you can knock another fifty bucks off the price. That's the good news. The bad news is that …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Marco Alfarrobinha
    Stop

...hummm...

This doesn't even deserve a comment.

*whistles*

2. James Butler

Huh?

What's to refurbish? Clean off the fingerprints, blow out the dust, wipe the drive ... slash $400 off the price? Doesn't say much for the original price point.

3. Stephen
    Unhappy

i called att

i checked the site and it's showing me a $100 off graphic.

$99 - $100 = free

the nice lady that answered, wasn't really informed. she did however read me an email saying that the iphone is not sold for any less than $99...

i'll keep digging, i was going to get a blackjack II refurb for $40 and it disappeared the day after i got money in my account to order it.

i will post what i find here...

4. Stephen
    Thumb Down

ok...

i called again and got a more informed person...

the graphic i'm seeing says "save" not "save an extra" like the screen grab in the article.

she said that the usual discount for a refurb iphone is $50 (from $199 to $149), and it will return to $50 on the first.

so no iphone under $100... count the fact that you can't remove the $30 a month data plan, and the iron fist control over apps that apple insists on, and it's still not worth it.

5. I. Aproveofitspendingonspecificprojects
    Paris Hilton

New friends

Oh boy that's the secret? I have to get me uh old phone.

6. David Webb
    Jobs Horns

Refurbs

Correct me if I am wrong, but wouldn't refurbs be devices that..

a) were returned as faulty

b) were returned as "we don't want them"

Are Apple seeing so many of their not-so-smart phones returned that they are able to offer bulk refurb services?

7. James O'Brien
    Joke

Will you be my friends?

"With any luck at all, your pre-owned iPhone won't have had its data wiped clean, and you'll be able to make some new friends."

I dont want the iPhone but can you guys be my friends anyway? All I require is good beer and maybe a grope or two while passed out.

8. Ron
    Thumb Down

Bait and switch

I tried to get some of this action - you HAVE to buy another phone, which can't be an iphone, at the same time, both with the 2 year deal. No thanks

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like