back to article Oracle takes profit blow

Software giant Oracle has blamed the US dollar for putting a dent in its second quarter earnings, with the firm’s net profit falling one per cent to $1.3bn. The Redwoods Shores, California-based company said revenue climbed six per cent to $5.6bn for the Q2 period ended 30 November. Oracle also saw a healthy eight per cent …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. mike panero

Uh define plz

"The company said the stronger dollar up against weaker foreign currency hurt revenue and profit for the quarter. It said profit excluding special items decreased by three cents per share.

Oracle said that the stronger dollar decreased its profit excluding special items by three cents per share."

They sell in $, $ stronger, customers pay more non-$, revenue down?

Strong $? Not what 0% intrest story said!

weak $, piss poor $, few euro buy more $, customers happy, same $ for Larry, Larry happy?

No larry sad, $ weak, euro strong, Larry same $, larry like euro, hate $?

Production cost $0, development $x, revenue ==$y y>x Larry sad?

Ah blue willy pill cost z euros Larry only buy n-k willy pills!

2. James Woods

awww

I just seen an oracle office sign somewhere, seemed so arrogant, I dunno the way the sign was positioned. I guess all the arrogance in the world won't drive up profits, go oracle.

3. Chris iverson

@mike panero

Tho they dont specify but I probably bet the currencies in question are not European in origin

4. Lordlorddef

Oracle takes profit blow

I like to think alternatives such as the excellent PostgreSQL also helped deliver that blow too.

Just a little anyway.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like