back to article US delays Royal Navy satellite comms project

A Royal Navy communications project is 31 months late because development of components at the US Department of Defense is behind schedule. A National Audit Office (NAO) report on major Ministry of Defence (MoD) projects says the Naval Extremely High Frequency/Super High Frequency Satellite Communications Terminals programme …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

Let see Lewis...

....sing the praises of buying US parts on this one.

rely on jonny foreigner for your hardware and they can shaft you whenever they want....

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

shafted

American's have regularly shafted the British when it comes to things military.

Oh and to be fair, there are times when they've helped us out in times of war.

Past experience shows they're not particularly true to their word, I wouldn't trust them.

America is only ever interested in itself, from military to legal justice (look at the extradition arrangements), they screw us whenever they can but don't honour their side of the deal.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

Risk & UK capability

A significant risk was not identified on Initiating a Project? Someone should be in trouble.

If we had our own capability, it'd cost more but create more jobs in the UK - better throwing money at this than at the banks. Hold it - we've privitised our own capability (QinetiQ) and the US owns part of it. Bugger. I guess BAe is still mostly British...

4. Anonymous Coward
    Gates Horns

Good 'ole USA

Lets hope they don't cancel ala "skybolt" leaving us with another useless porject!

5. Andy Barber

@ Good 'ole USA

Yer like Polaris/Trident! Mind you Blighty's Blue Steel was highly formidable though.

6. Francis Offord
    Flame

N (ot) I (nvented) H (ere)

As usual, anything from our allies(?) which was not their basic idea is considered unworkable and impractical. When will those bloody Yanks realise that they do not have the scientists with the breadth of vision that SOME Britishers do? If they ever do complete a project inspired by the British they invariably claim the kudos from it but fail to remind the world that while Britian invented the internet that they then developed it, as is usually the case with anything worth having. I feel that it is a great pity that they are so shy and retiring.

7. kain preacher

Well

If you diont like the US you can buy the part from France, China, Russia or Indian.

This topic is closed for new posts.