back to article Gears of law say Gears of War character Cole Train is not based on ex-American football player

Gears of War's Augustus "Cole Train" Cole is not Lenwood "Hard Rock" Hamilton, according to a Pennsylvania federal court. Hamilton, the former (American) football player and professional wrestler had lobbed a sueball at the makers of Gears of War alleging his likeness had cropped up in the third-person shooter. The crux of …

1. disgruntled yank

Dunno

When I think of an NFL player with a "train" nickname, I come up with Dick "Night Train" Lane, a defensive back for the Detroit Lions ca. 1960. But when I think of "Cole Train", sorry, I think of jazz, not sports.

2. Psmo
    Megaphone

wrestling incarnations of tech world supremos

This... needs to happen.

Elon "Electric Boogaloo" Musk ?

Jeff "Smell my rocket" Bezos ?

Michael "Privateer" Dell ?

1. Sloppy Crapmonster

Re: wrestling incarnations of tech world supremos

Richard "Muscle" Stallman

1. Psmo

Re: wrestling incarnations of tech world supremos

Linus "Liiiinnnnus, dammit" Torvalds

3. Doctor Syntax Silver badge

Do they also have a character called "Passenger Express"?

4. Mayday
    Go

Terry Tate, Office Linebacker

Funny. I always knew Lester Speight as everyone's favourite office linebacker.

Yes. it's worth looking for if you're unfamiliar.

5. SonofRojBlake

Lenwood Hamilton gets away with what Sam Rubin didn't.

"This guy in front of me is a late-middle aged tall lean black man with a deep voice most famous currently for his role in an action movie as a shaven-headed shadowy authority figure with badass fighting skills and a long black leather coat. So he's... "

If you said Samuel L. Jackson, go to the top of the class. If you said Laurence Fishburne, get roasted on live TV by Jackson and get globally famous as "that racist". Because Laurence Fishburne is the OTHER late-middle aged tall lean black man with a deep voice most famous currently for his role in an action movie as a shaven-headed shadowy authority figure with badass fighting skills and a long black leather coat, and to confuse the two must mean you're a racist, right?

"This video game character is a large-framed black man who doesn't share a name, doesn't share any biographical details and doesn't share a personality presentation with me, but I'm a large framed black man, so they must mean me!".

I mean, nice try.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like