back to article It's beginning to look a lot like October, everywhere you go. Take a look at the Windows 10, primed for release again

Microsoft last night loaded up the confus-o-canon once more with updates for those more cautious Windows Insiders in the Release Preview ring. The next update of Windows 10, aka 19H2, is due to land as a cumulative update rather than the Full Monty of last year. Our best guess is that it will drop in October, and this release …

1. This post has been deleted by its author

1. katrinab Silver badge
      Joke

Re: Think it's confusing now? Wait for 20H1...

Or maybe they will call it Windows Server XP?

2. Anonymous Custard
    Joke

Yes Minister

Nice to see Sir Humphrey is still going great guns since his move from government to the private sector...

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Is it going to bring anything useful or is it just going to wast even more write cycles on my SSDs and do stupid things like change my login screen from 20/20 to myopia ?

1. AMBxx Silver badge

More dark mode stuff.

More control panel stuff hidden away.

More UI inconsistencies.

MS seem to have lost the plot regarding what an OS is supposed to do.

4. Barry Rueger

Please, no!

Really there's only one question when a Windows update is released : what will it break on my wife's laptop?

She would happily disable all updates on the thus far reasonable assumption that a security breach will cause less damage than whatever Microsoft delivers.J

5. dnicholas

Wait

Isn't there seven circles of hell?

6. N2
    Trollface

unpaid testers

You imply there are more than one?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like