back to article Tiny iPhone en route?

Rumours that Apple will soon launch a scaled-down version of the iPhone 3G have resurfaced. Thought to be called the iPhone Nano - not that that's a hard name to guess - the information comes from report by website iDeal China, which has claimed it was sent images of a silicone case for the unannounced talker by a third party …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Have they

Thought how much money they'd make if they sold this one on the cheap without a contract?

Though I suppose the thought of the iPhone being as ubiquitous as the RAZR was at it's prime makes Steve want to retch.

2. Vincent
    Coat

But seriously...

Those cases look pretty ugly. Who in their right mind would put THAT on their iPhone?

As for an iPhone Nano, i'm not really too bothered. If it's cheaper than the regular sized model then I can see more people buying them.

Mines the one with the iPod Touch in the pocket.

3. Shaun Austin
    Thumb Down

Nano

Yeah and you'll be needing nano-scale fingertips if, as it looks in the pic, the thing is just a smaller scaled down screen as the keyboard will by teeeeny... it's already fiddly enough on the full sized phone!

Not convinced!

4. Neil Hoskins
    Thumb Up

Absolutely no comment, except...

The more you call them "talkers", and the more that winds people up, the more I laugh. Just a sadist, I suppose.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

Help please- spare us this time

Havent we had enough of Hype & hoopla about Iphone on el-reg??

Can you please, please, please not dwell on this new gadget (this includes fanbois, appletards and jesus haters as well).

Even paris would be fedup by now !

6. Dan White
    Thumb Down

Ugh...

... no thanks. Even smaller screen and *less* functionality!

Now if they announce a 32Gb iPhone, I may be tempted by the Dark Side...

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

add www to the link for a working URL, like so:

http://www.idealschina.com/Insider/NewsDetail.aspx?ArticleID=32&PageIndex=1

8. Mark Broadhurst
    Joke

Iphone shuffle

Comming soon....

IPhone shuffle randomly dials up to 1000 numbers randomly.

9. Doug Southworth
    Thumb Down

Wider AND Thicker?

...and no 3G to boot? Where do I sign up!?! Apple, you've done it again!

Everyone, pass the Kool-Aid!!!

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

What about an iPhone shuffle?

Stores all your numbers, no display at all, only needs the simple controls like an iPod shuffle, it phones a random person from your phonebook every time you pick up.

11. Anonymous Coward
    Jobs Horns

@Dan White

Why? I mean you can pick up a 32GB memory card for a phone for waaaaaaaay less. In fact you can pick up an unlocked HTC Polaris and a 32GB microSD card for substantially less than the iPhone on its own...

12. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

And how exactly will you type on it??

I love my iPhone and wouldn't be without it now but seriously, it takes a bit of practice to get used to using the virtual keyboard, if they shrink it down any more its going to be impossible to use. Plus one of the main selling points is the lovely big screen for videos, photos, games etc, seems kinda pointless to make it smaller.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like