back to article Asus sexes up Eee PC 1000 series

Asus has sexed-up the 10in end of its Eee PC line with a new-look glossy design it hopes will win buyers who might have otherwise opted for rival netbooks. Asus Eee PC 1002HA Asus' Eee PC 1002HA: catching up with rivals' sexy netbooks? So, will you please welcome the 1in-thick Eee PC 1002HA, a 1.2kg machine with a more …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Mat
    Stop

Spot the Birdie?

I demand a refund - there is an Eee PC article without the obligatory totty!

2. Anonymous Coward
    Unhappy

I'm starting to get bored of netbook's

I think it's because of the lack of pin ups in Reg articles relating to them.

3. Gerry
    Thumb Down

Yet Another EeePC

160GB HDD storage? Asus marketing department running out of ideas by the sounds of it.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Asus

Why on earth don't they have their EEE's replace one another? I can still buy a 4g 701, but why would I?

5. K
    Thumb Down

re: I'm starting to get bored of netbook's

I'm with you on that... aside from screen and hd size, they're virtually all the same. I want to see more varient in processors and gfx.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Alert

@ AC 13:09

You're starting to get bored of which netbook's what?

Either you're getting bored of all netbooks generally or you're getting bored of all netbooks' something or other, or you're getting bored of a specific netbook's something or other.

Try googling greengrocers' apostrophe and then improve your engish for your next posting.

Cheers!

7. Vincent
    Unhappy

Same old thing

Low-end Netbooks have already been done to death now, seriously, how many do we need? I don't think there's much of a point in releasing all of these clones, not until someone feels like putting a dual core Atom inside one or something.

It would be nice to see someone cram some medium or even high-end stuff in to a Netbook, okay, I know that Sony have pretty much already done that (Sony Vaio TT) but a little bit more variety never hurt anyone.

8. Nursing A Semi

Single core

So a new netbook with a single core CPU just when everyone will be buying dual core Atom equipped netbooks?

Good call Asus, your really on the ball.

9. J
    IT Angle

No word...

No word on what it runs either? Is it going to be XP, Linux, both?

10. richard

'sexes' up' where?

have you been on the pre-xmas brandy?

where/how has that thing been 'sexed up'? it looks like every other monkey-made aldi-special netbook to me.

hardly a macbook air is it? ( i mean in style, not price!)

11. Blubster

They need to.....

Sex up their customer support - it's fucking diabolical.

Absolutely no help for Linux users, terrible WiFi connections because of buggy drivers and you need a degree just to download and install any extra software.

We don't need umpteen eee's - just one that works!

12. Neoc

Happy with my EEE

I have an Asus 900 (or possibly 900A, never could figure the diff). After playing with it for a while, I nuked the OS and installed Ubuntu-eee on it. Made life a shyte-load easier, including installing apps (including Windows apps, thanks to WINE).

Only thing missing: a 3G connection. I have a USB modem stick, but the current version of Ubuntu-eee refuses to recognise it. Luckily, I just tested Ubuntu 8.10 on a laptop and found that *it* recognises the modem. So, looking forward to 1/1/09 when Ubuntu-eee 8.10 will be released - my eee will be complete! ^_^

I will then mod it into a book.

13. Anonymous Coward
    Boffin

@AC (15:39)

That'd be “improve your English”…

14. Sceptical Bastard

I'm with Mat

I don't give a f**k about Asus. I only clicked on this Eee PC story to see some nice airbags on a beach. We wuz robbed!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like