back to article OK, peons, we'll obey the law and let you talk about politics and pay packets, says Google

Google has agreed to settle two complaints filed with the National Labor Relations Board by former employees who claim the company fired them from engaging in lawfully protected workplace speech. One of the former employees, Kevin Cernekee, claimed to have been dismissed in 2015 because of his conservative politics; Google …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Google last month adopted an amended Code of Conduct

Well, is this Code of Conduct functional or does it have a misleading meaning like the disable Location button?

2. Pascal Monett Silver badge

Fascinating

I find it incredible that, in this day and age, there are still Neanderthals walking about, treating women like objects.

Hey, I will readily admit that I like seeing a nice ass walk by, but when I'm talking with a woman I am first and foremost talking to a person, with a brain, and most of them use it quite well.

That is what I keep in mind, even when that brain is under a set of absolutely beautiful eyes and lips that smile a very charming smile. I will nonetheless keep my wits about me and treat her with the same respect I give all my conversation partners. I find that business relationships are a lot easier like that.

1. Helen Highwater

Re: Fascinating

It would be even easier if women were kept barefoot, pregnant and in the kitchen.

1. Pascal Monett Silver badge

For the Neanderthals, probably.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Provided of course, that it's the correct flavour of politics

Anybody not on the progressive left will still be hounded for their opinions

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Provided of course, that it's the correct flavour of politics

Yeah, but that's not political bias,its just common decent behaviour... isn't it?

1. HmYiss

Re: Provided of course, that it's the correct flavour of politics

No, it's deluded neo-facism. Wrapped up in a glistening snowflake of virtue.

4. Henry Wertz 1 Gold badge

wel...

Well... having a discussion is one thing. I see people with both main us parties who think they should keep browbeating everyone around them with their political views though; get a few of them bickering and this could go on for months, rapidly turn into a unproductive pain in the ass for everyone around them.

5. Bernard M. Orwell

Now...

...Can someone show this to Walmart?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like