back to article Yahoo! waves goodbye to 1,500 workers

Yahoo! began laying off more than 1,500 employees yesterday as part of the struggling company’s latest painful round of job cuts. The internet giant has swung the job axe across all departments at Yahoo!, with human resources and finance workers reportedly expected to take the biggest hit. Lame duck CEO Jerry Yang told Yahoo …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

Inefficiencies?

Hmm.. how about not taking the first offer from MS, Jerry? That was inefficient, wasn't it?

I'm surprised no-one's tried to assassinate him, to be honest.

2. Dunstan Vavasour
    Dead Vulture

Shouldn't that be

Yahoo! waves! goodbye! to! 1,500! workers!

3. Sarah Bee (Written by Reg staff)

Re: Shouldn't that be

We're! damned! if! we! do! and! damned! if! we! don't!

General consensus is that if it's a story about people losing their jobs, a forest of !s isn't quite appropriate.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

RE: Shouldn't that be

No because given that ! = surprise these job cuts come as no surprise. Plus what Sarah said.

5. John
    Thumb Down

Way to go Yang

Yep, a buisness leader with the concerns of his company for sure. Dill weed. Somebody fire this idiot before he does any more damage to yahoo!

6. James Green

Yahoos

I've read the email Yang sent to his employees and I must say, any employer who refers to his staff as "Yahoos" when firing them deserves the "Patronising Crettin of the Year" award.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

Oddly enough.....

I bet people at Yahoo! thought that accepting MS's offer would result in layoffs at Yahoo!.

So what, so far that's two layoffs this year without getting the benefit of taking Bill Gates' billions? Good work, Jerry!!

8. James Woods

yahoooooooooo oooooooooo

I don't think I said that right. Im so sick and tired of these yahoo commercials on the radio. I haven't seriously used yahoo since I was in highschool in 98 and I haven't missed anything.

I can honestly say personally when I seen that spoiled rotten daughter of the yahoo ceo at the time whatever his name was on that filthy rich cattle drive show that did it for me. You get to see how out of touch these people really are with reality and it's about time they get smacked down.

These rich boys didn't found these companies, they came in and rode on the coat-tails of those that made these companies great and now they are driving the companies right into the toliet.

Sure the economy is bad right now, but really what business does a search engine have advertising on the radio. If radio advertising worked for search engines google would surely be doing it.

Buh-bye yahoo.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like