back to article iPhone lights a fire

A video of a burning fire is now available as a premium application for the iPhone, but it remains to be seen if even iPhone users are stupid enough to pay $2 to listen to advertisements for Christmas albums. Televised fires are surprisingly popular, with offerings on DVD and even broadcast in some areas, but putting the same …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Aaron

Ah, the virtual Zippo

One of the things that helped scare me off the iPhone. I looked at that -- that and the lightsaber thingy, I should note -- and thought, y'know, it's like putting a cute little state-of-the-art paper shredder in my pocket, then every so often taking it out and using it to turn a few dollar bills into so much confetti.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

RE: iPhone lights a fire

A fuel (sorry couldn't resist) and their money are soon parted.

But sometimes, something is *so* cheesy that you have to get it. And at just $2, I suspect a lot of fools will part with their ca$h.

3. glenn

Any chance...

that the Youtube video links in articles on the reg can be uploaded to a different video hosting site? Am sick of them always being dead and returning "content no longer available" messages, and in this case, within 20 minutes of the story appearing on the reg.

Ta.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Clearly they are.

I mean you would have to be pretty thick, or a iSheep to actually own one.

5. Dick Emery
    Joke

I'd buy that!

Fer a dollar! Definitely not 2 dollars though.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

No secret files?

LoadingReadyRun once suggested a twist to those fire-place videos by burning secret files in them. :)

http://loadingreadyrun.com/videos/view/241/the-2007-christmas-special

7. Geeks and Lies
    Unhappy

FAIL!

There was me hoping to see a Jesus phone burning :( back off to willitblend.com for me then!!!

8. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

oooh

An iphone applet designed to make you spend even more cash... how novel!

spud@myezdial.com

9. Nic Brough
    Paris Hilton

Title

Our favourite icon is proof that you can turn out any old tripe and some idiot will pay for it.

10. Anonymous Coward
    Jobs Halo

Who is going to pay?

The zippo lighter and lightsabre are free apps, I have them on my touch. Pointless apps are fun to show your friends, the novelty is short lived but no one would pay for them!

11. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

I thought from the title

That there were more incidents of LI-ion batteries spontaneously combusting...

12. Gulfie

@Aaron

Lightsaber is free and my kids love it. I've downloaded quite a few things but I am very picky about what I will pay for. So far that's Super Monkey Ball and an SSH client. FakeCall is good but I got it when it was free. Just as well as I've not yet had a bona fide use for it.

No fule here. No iLogFire either! How about a mocked up pile of iPhones instead of logs - then a few iHaters may decide to take the plunge!

13. Popup

aafire

Nah... Just get a decent terminal, log on to a real computer and run aafire!

14. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

iPhonist bashing...

Surely bashing people who have iPhones because someone is selling something you'd have to be an idiot to buy is a bit rich?

Have you got a TV? Then you're an idiot because QVC sells shite that you'd have to be an idiot to buy on TV.

15. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@aafire

Interesting you would consider a PC to be a "real computer".....

speaks volumes.

16. Player_16
    Paris Hilton

Do the Crackberries and other smart phones...

...have similar apps like these? You never hear about them. Why not? Aren't those phones just as easy and fun to muck around with?

17. David Buckley
    Pirate

How original......

Take something developed last Christmas and spin it as new ....

Iyule.tv

18. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

My wife and I...

...always watch the Yule Log on christmas. It's awesome. The best part is that this year we have a pellet stove, so we get double the fun!

We also watched, believe it or not, a *documentary on the filming of the Yule Log*. Apparently it was shot at some big hoo-a's house in the mid '60s for a local TV station. Unfortunately they screwed up the shoot the first time, and damn near burned the place down. That's not the take they show, though.

19. E_Nigma
    Joke

It'll Never Sell

Apple folk has that healthy "I'm not rich enough to buy cheap things" attitude. On the other hand, slap a $1000 price tag on the app, like the people who made "I'm rich" did, and it just might stand a chance.

20. Paul Smith

@ glenn

"content no longer available", just seems to do that when you leave it for a while. Refresh the page and the embedded 'tube video will be alright again.

21. Ascylto

Funny ...

isn't it, how the Jesusphone Apple haters go on and on about whatever is itching their backsides currently and yet the "BIG BOYS" Nokia, Sony, LG, RIM, are copying the iPhone like mad!

'Twas ever thus!

22. Shakje
    Happy

@Ascylto @ AC

Just because it has some good features, doesn't make it a good phone. Where do you think that Apple got the idea for a mobile phone in the first place? Some fanboi arguments are quite sound, but you just look like an idiot.

@AC (@aafire)

The clue's in the name. Personal computer, doesn't get much realer than that, does it? Twat.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like