back to article Now that's just offal: Heap of pig guts hog road after truck spills load in Kansas City

A road in downtown Kansas City, Missouri, briefly became unsuitable for vegetarians yesterday when a truck carrying pig intestines spilled its load. The Interstate 670 was turned into a porcine lot as three of four lanes were closed after the goregasm at 9am local time, The Kansas City Star reports. People stuck in the …

1. Anonymous South African Coward Bronze badge
    Pint

Lovely punnery.

Beer o' clock is not too far away.

1. Phil O'Sophical Silver badge

Beer o' clock is not too far away.

with some crackling to go with it.

2. Tromos
    Coat

It took guts to write that article

1. Paul Herber Silver badge

Uuuurgh, I've just found a colon. It's after the word "quipping".

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Yep - he could so easily have made a pig's ear of it.

1. ArrZarr Silver badge
        Coat

El Reg's writing style is to use everything but the oink.

3. Ima Ballsy
    Coat

Well,

That's just a shitty way to start your day ...

Probably headed to the chitlin' factory.

Me, I'll never eat anything you have to squeeze the mess out of before you eat it ..

1. jake Silver badge

Re: Well,

You've never eaten sausages with natural casings? Poor thing.

4. Woza
    Thumb Up

Well written!

Thank you, I needed that, it's been a pig of a day.

5. Paul Herber Silver badge

' emergency response vehicle'

Hopefully not a hambulance.

6. Chris G

The emergency services must have been gutted when they turned up.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Pun police here. The author is under arrest.

1. Paul Herber Silver badge

Punctuality not your thing? You're an hour late!

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Police cutbacks... Can't be helped.

2. Ken Shabby

Did someone squeal?

8. kain preacher

That's going to smell in the summertime .

1. hplasm
      Coat

That's going to smell in the summertime .

...when the weather is fine.

you can sniff right up

and smell the swine...

1. chivo243 Silver badge
        Trollface

Re: That's going to smell in the summertime .

and you've got innards on your mind... If her daddy's rich take her out for a meal... just not pork!

9. m0rt

"Though it looks like a scene from an ultra-violent video game, no live animals were injured in the ham-fisted snafu."

Apart from the original Porcine victims, of course, who gave their lives to be the subject of this Friday afternoon levity.

1. jake Silver badge

No.

They gave up their lives for barbecue. The levity is just gravy.

10. Eddy Ito

It must have taken responders quite some time and intestinal fortitude to digest the situation.

11. Alistair
    Coat

Kansas City?

There's a weekend BBQ that will be short some trimmings.......

I don't envy the plow driver or the FEL operator that likely had to scoop that into a recovery vehicle.

We had a truckload of cows get loose on one of our highways up here. There's video somewhere of the OPP motorcycle crew herding them off the highway..... Sadly, they did *not* clean up the muffins after that incident, which caused at least one more collision.

12. Blake Davis

There is a rendering plant just down the street from my work. It is not unusual at all for a semi to have to slam on its brakes, sloshing organic matter out the top of its trailer and all over the road.

1. jake Silver badge

Back in the day ...

... riding a motorcycle anywhere near Livingston, California was fairly hazardous thanks to Foster Farms ... A friend spent a week in the hospital after hitting a pile of chicken guts on Highway 99.

13. Diodelogic

PORK WAH???!

Oh, you get it all right.

14. Muscleguy

I had some pig guts for dinner tonight. Filled with home made pork and sage (fresh from the garden) sausagemeat. The rest of the guts used are in layers of plastic bags and covered in salt at the back bottom of my fridge for the making of other sausages. I very much prefer natural hog casings over the cleaned and dried versions or an of the dried sorts of casings.

if anyone wants to come round I have pork and cider apple* bangers as well and I think there's some beef and rosemary bangers in the freezer too.

*dried apple soaked overnight in cider before being frozen and minced with the pork etc. Makes a very toothsome banger and excellent sausagemeat for other purposes like mixed with mine and made into a meatloaf or sausage rolls. I roll my own bangers because I'm gluten intolerant (no, really) and the supermarkets after making all their decent bangers so rolled that back a lot. Besides I get to make really nice bangers. An extra fine and cocktail size version of my pork and sage standard have been a big hit as a side dish to the roast at Xmas dinner.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon