back to article Facebook worm hijacks web search

A new variant of the Koobface worm has returned to menace users of Facebook. As before, the malware generates messages to friends of infected users on the social networking website. These messages direct the unwary into visiting websites that supposedly offer video clips. Would-be marks are told they need the latest copy of …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. KenBW2

No big deal

Might scare some people away from facebook.

Hopefully

2. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Sexually Transmitted Infections

....."targets Facebook users"

No big loss there.

3. TeeCee Gold badge
    Flame

@KenBW2

Nah, these are Facebook lusers. You're crediting them with waaaay too much intelligence.

The only thing it'll cause is a sh*t load of support calls to various friends / organisations / mates from the pub from people wanting to know why their funny video won't play even though they've installed the right codec when prompted.

Any explanation of the worm / fake codec, its effects and such will be countered with: "So, how *do* I get the funny video to play then?"

Flames, 'cos like most who understand computers I know a lot of people who a) don't and b) have my phone number........

4. Sam

Eye problems

I read that as knobface.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Farcebook

I thought that was the worm,/trojan...It will never see the light of day in my household (i've blocked it).

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like