back to article Will you be inspired by Inspire? If Microsoft's Slack-for-suits Teams is your cup of tea, perhaps

Microsoft's ironically named Inspire conference kicks off next week in Las Vegas, with the Windows giant hoping to persuade wounded channel middlemen that there remains reasons to be cheerful. Hoping to distract those resellers from the bite Redmond has just taken from their collective bottom line by ending free licences, …

1. AMBxx Silver badge

Active users?

I'm logged into Teams automatically when I start my PC. Used it once so far, just too much of a pain to 'start now', so I use alternatives.

Does that make me an active user?

1. streaky

Re: Active users?

Dunno but given how frequently it signs itself out for *no reason* maybe if it's you bother to sign in.

2. Charlie Clark Silver badge

Yes, pretty much the same here, but we're part of the horde of users. I know a few people who like Teams and I've had better audio conferences on it than MS Lync/Skype but basically these IRC clones don't do it for me. And whatever GUI kit MS (some bastard child of Silverlight, no doubt) is using these days doesn't help: that font anti-aliasing is just awful.

1. Malcolm 1

I'm fairly sure its Electron

1. Charlie Clark Silver badge

Oh, and the font rendering is from IE? Maybe it's just on Windows 7 that it looks so shit.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like