back to article Oh no, Twitter's gone down. How can we get the word out? Ah yeah, that's right. We have a website that works

Twitter.com is down worldwide along with its mobile and tablet apps. Yes, we know this must be a difficult time for you all. The antisocial network, which is frequented by about 326 million users a month, fell offline about 45 minutes ago at time of publication. By worldwide, we mean at least in North and South America, …

1. 404
    Pint

hehehe

oh well... funny how the antisocial networks all being taken down here and there lately... Somebody flexing?

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

And when it comes back...

...people will be venting on Twitter about the fact that Twitter was down. So effectively it'll be unusable for a while, even when it's back.

1. 404

Re: And when it comes back...

It's back - nothing trending yet lmao...

1. katrinab Silver badge

Still down for me as of a few seconds ago.

1. 404
          Windows

meh, can post but notifications are stuck - dosn't matter - I'm hungry - time to fix dinner ;)

3. MatthewSt

Friday Deploy

That's what happens when you listen to everyone telling you not to push to production on a Friday, you end up rushing one out on a Thursday!

4. regregular

I wonder if there are "post-outage" baby booms among millenials.

1. Andy Non Silver badge

Oh no! No Twatter!

An particular orange haired baby is probably screaming and having a tantrum.

1. Solarflare
        Pint

Re: Oh no! No Twatter!

'An particular'??

2. TheMeerkat

Another sufferer of the Trump Derangement Syndrome.

Do you really think of Trump all day long and can’t talk about anything else? It is so boring for everyone who is normal and don’t care.

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

Another sufferer of the Trump Derangement Syndrome....

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

HahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

5. FozzyBear
    Thumb Up

Millions of voices suddenly silenced

Thank You!

6. NoizeBoy

Twitter down...

... Nothing of value was lost.

7. Jacob's Elevator

" ... tweeter-in-chief President Trump's so-called social media summit today that doesn't actually involve any social media networks, just an unsettling mix of right-wingers, extremists and .."

(and a number of hugs handed out by POTUS Trump to his token people of colour, perhaps?).

Well considering the outage occurred according to talk-radio reports, at the very moment the summit went live, you won't have had the option of switching-off then, would you!

Yet you're still ranting??!! You're still ranting. Do you want an off-switch, or do you want censorship?

I did catch it, live, as there was no outage here in Scotland. Mr Trump did announce that (paraphrasing):

"I have instructed my administration to hold a summit, inviting members of all the digital tech companies and members of the media to attend at The Whitehouse, later this month ..."

"And of both sides, democrats too, since they know now too, how quickly ..." (the censorship. 'hate-speech', and pro candidates posting) "...can turn against them too, very quickly"

You're not FAKE NEWS, are you? Yes you are, go on admit it.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

It threw a wobbly mid morning UK time, but as someone else said; it was still not working for me well after the claimed fix time.

I could get to my log in prompt, then it "promptly" fell over again.

9. LenG

Unfortunately

... it is back (or at least that is what their status page says) - I don't have a twitter account to check.

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Something is technically wrong. Thanks for noticing

Not "sorry for the inconvenience" or "we screwed up". "Thanks for noticing". Is that meant to be sarcasm ("Yes, we know, don't bother us. You're the product, not the customer, so we don't care") or some kind of self-deprecating humour ("We know we're a waste of electrons. We're so grateful you choose to spend some of your valuable time with us")?

P.S. I knew Twitter was down because the wife was whinging about it. I wasn't sympathetic.

Yes, I'm quite comfortable sleeping on the couch, thank you.

1. Martin Summers Silver badge

Re: Something is technically wrong. Thanks for noticing

Why should they apologise? You're not paying to access it.

11. Mike 137 Silver badge

An 18 minute return to reality?

Or an 18 minute collapse of worldwide diplomacy? Amazingly though, nothing happened as a result...

12. Will Godfrey Silver badge
    Linux

Presumably...

This was only a problem to the twits.

1. Anonymous South African Coward Bronze badge

Re: Presumably...

And redditors.

13. Trigonoceps occipitalis

I felt a great disturbance in the Force...

As if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happned.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like