back to article Chinese police confirm Gome chairman quizzed over 'economic crimes'

Beijing police confirmed today that the founder and chairman of Gome Electrical Appliances Holdings is under investigation for alleged involvement in “economic crimes”. Wong Kwong-yu, who also goes by the name Huang Guangyu, was detained earlier this week. Reports suggested that the electrical appliance tycoon was being probed …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

heh

Very rich men attempting to manipulate share prices, what a suprise. I wouldn't be in the least bit suprised if he had been upto no good, probably was under the belief that the Chinese authoritise not being up on such thiings wouldn't notice what he was upto.

2. Dave Stark
    Linux

Also just in...

KDE chairman under house arrest.

Sorry.

3. Adam Williamson
    Thumb Down

Not two names.

"Wong Kwong-yu, who also goes by the name Huang Guangyu"

Um. That's not two different names. It's the same name twice, converted to the Roman alphabet slightly differently.

4. adrian
    Paris Hilton

Uzzies!

You know in my early morning stupor, when i first read the headline on RSS, I could have swore it read "...chairman <b><i>uzzied</i></b> over 'economic crimes.'" That would have been a lot more interesting. A Paris Hilton moment for me indeed.

5. Jacqui

Jail vs Handouts

So if you run a big business ala DelBoy in china you get jail.

Do the same in the uk, you get government handouts (our money).

Now which government is supposed to be corrupt again?

Jacqui

6. kain preacher

WHat realy happened

He got to big for his britches and thought he didn't have to give bribes/hand outs any more .

This topic is closed for new posts.