back to article Sussex rap fan wants statue of Easy-E from NWA in his hometown because he's a 'legend'

British council halls are about the least hip places on the planet, full of fusty old folks umming and erring over whether the introduction of a Lidl branch will forever shatter the "street scene". So it's no surprise that one chap's bizarre quest to have "Godfather of Gangsta Rap" Eazy-E – famously from Compton, California – …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Might as well have a statue of the Shredder

After all, he was a leg end... or was it that he was a member of "The Foot"?

How about a statue of Krang too?

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

fallen on deaf ears

Possibly the type of ears best suited to listening to this type of "music"

1. FozzyBear
      Coffee/keyboard

Re: fallen on deaf ears

I think you are playing fast and loose with the definition of music when it comes to this crap

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

This reads like an article from the Daily Mash

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Newhaven is the Pits

and the place looks like (c)rap so this might be appropriate.

I avoid the place like the plague anyway

Yours

Disgusted of Peacehaven

1. emmanuel goldstein

Re: Newhaven is the Pits

You're on thin ice there, my friend! Peacehaven is hardly a contender for most attractive town in the UK.

5. Aladdin Sane

NWA

Neighbourhood Watch Alliance

1. Little Mouse

Re: NWA

On a recent trip to Yorkshire I was much amused to see estate agent boards displaying "NWA"in large letters.

Hope I'm not breaking site rules by mentioning that. I am in no way associated with Neil Wright Associates, nor have I ever bought/sold a house through them.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Is that the long awaited multiplayer sequel to XWA from LucasArts?

I'm guessing we should expect less action, some very long and dull cut scenes, rubbish graphics? Not to mention challenges like

"The NWA chairman is in hospital for an operation on his haemorroids. For 400 points, in his absence you must take the meeting through "Apologies" and "Minutes of the last Meeting". With a tight time schedule and other players avatars all being rambling old fogeys, you must ensure that you stick to time, no previous resolutions are overturned, and any corrections are only accepted for minor grammatical errors. Hint: Use NPCs to build alliances, or bog down other players asking them to join the dog-fouling sub-committee"

1. Aladdin Sane

If you don't make it through the meeting, you'll be up to your balls in crusty jugglers.

6. emmanuel goldstein

Excellent idea

Anyone who has spent more than 10 minutes in Newhaven knows that anything that even remotely adds a bit of zip to the place is a good thing. No disrespect to Newhaven or the good residents intended, it's just a bit sad looking.

7. chivo243 Silver badge

Just remember

Eazy-E fucked up and got the 8-ball rollin... just sayin'

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

NNN - Nuke Newhaven Now

Forty years ago I had lacklustre ferry trip from Dieppe to Newhaven, and have hated the place ever since. It should be razed to the ground.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: NNN - Nuke Newhaven Now

It should be razed to the ground.

You've not been to Hastings, then? Or Warrington........[insert your least favourite place here].

1. Colemanisor

Re: NNN - Nuke Newhaven Now

Luton - that shite hole really should be used for heavy armament target practise

9. getHandle

Newhaven?

I thought Newport was the spiritual home of rap in the UK...

1. IceC0ld

Re: Newhaven?

I thought Newport was the spiritual home of rap in the UK...

==

it's possibly the siritual home of something that SOUNDS like rap ................................. :oP

10. Aristotles slow and dimwitted horse

Ummm, straight 'outta...

Pidding-hoe?

11. x 7

Rap, the only form of music with a silent "C"

1. M.V. Lipvig Silver badge
      Terminator

That's what I used to think. Then I heard country and western style rap, which is fools in cowboy hats rapping to a steel guitar and a banjo about what they were going to do to their cattle. Talk about taking the worst elements of "music" and fusing them together... normal rap sounds almost pleasant compared to this aural atrocity.

12. Cian Duffy

Newhaven Town Council have a state of Ho Chi Minh they have not yet erected in public, due to an utter tenuous reason - albeit it is actually a connection, unlike this suggestion

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-sussex-22587514

There may be tourist potential in an Inexplicable Statue Park

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

There may be tourist potential in an Inexplicable Statue Park

May I recommend other candidates of zero worth?

Theresa May

Smeagol Gove

Gordon Brown

Diane Abbott

Bono

Jeremy Clarkson

Anybody flashing their bits to draw attention to their views on Brexit

Piers Morgan

Jeremy Kyle

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

A Subtle Distinction

Forgive my saying so, but the list you propose mostly seems more like a rogues' gallery - An Abhorent Statue Park if you will, rather than a simply inexplicable one.

Of course, such statues would be inexplicable, but that hardly catches the vitriol at least some of your candidates stir in my gut.

I haven't seen anyone flashing in relation to Brexit, which is very disappointing. Where should I be looking for this? Would I do better contacting pro or anti Brexit campaigners to request personal perfomances?

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

Re: A Subtle Distinction

the list you propose mostly seems more like a rogues' gallery - An Abhorent Statue Park if you will, rather than a simply inexplicable one

When you explain it like that, you are right, and I withdraw my nominations for Newhaven's forthcoming tourist attraction.

I haven't seen anyone flashing in relation to Brexit, which is very disappointing.

NSFW, although not particularly scandalous. Search "Victoria Bateman" Brexit Vimeo. Or "Rachel Johnson" Brexit. Although as with anything to do with Boris, it looks like his sister didn't really do the deed, whereas Ms Bateman most certainly has, repeatedly. I can think of plenty to say on the matter, but shall keep those thoughts to myself to avoid a lifetime ban from the Reg.

2. DavCrav

"Of course, such statues would be inexplicable, but that hardly catches the vitriol at least some of your candidates stir in my gut."

Yes, here is a list of statues that could fill an Inexplicable Statues Park:

1) Ho Chi Minh

2) Easy-E from NWA

(These two are founding members.)

3) Ant from Ant and Dec, but not Dec.

4) H from Steps.

5) Ruth Bader Ginsburg.

6) Otto von Bismarck.

7) Norman Borlaug.

8) Lord Laming, member of the Consultative Panel on Parliamentary Security.

9) Luke Goss, one half of Bros.

10) John Craven, first presenter of Newsround.

3. 's water music

I haven't seen anyone flashing in relation to Brexit, which is very disappointing. Where should I be looking for this?

Presumably Dr Victoria Bateman. A source who knows her suggests that she was just looking for any excuse.

2. Fungus Bob

Tucker Carlson

Barbara Streisand

the blonde girl in the "Safety Dance" video

On second thought, the third one is a good idea...

1. W.S.Gosset

I never actually saw the video, so had no idea who "the blonde girl" was, so I DDGed it.

http://guanolad.blogspot.com/2010/04/you-can-dance-if-you-want-to.html --> slow progression of tracking her down.

She became editor of Cosmopolitan UK!

13. David 132 Silver badge
    Coffee/keyboard

I did a double-take at the mural photo

I had to squint at the accompanying photo of the Easy-E mural - at first, I thought his hat read "Complan".

Which would be somewhat incongruous.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Could be quite appropriate

Given that he died of a hideous wasting disease, he may well have eaten it during his final days.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: Could be quite appropriate

That is in such poor taste I could have thought it.

14. Anonymous Coward
    Go

I heard Margaret Thatcher's hometown in (I think) Lincolnshire was building a statue of her....

Maybe the Easy-E statue can sit next to her's? You know, "Who's the most gangsta"- that kind of thing. Maybe the Easy-E statue can include a speaker and occasionally pipe up "Yo Maggie--gimme a beat!!"

1. DavCrav

Re: I heard Margaret Thatcher's hometown in (I think) Lincolnshire was building a statue of her....

"I heard Margaret Thatcher's hometown"

She came from Grantham. I know that because my uncle used to live in Grantham. I spent a reasonable amount of time trying to decide which of the two I liked the least.

15. Korev Silver badge
    Alien

Surrey?

Wouldn't putting the statue in Compton, Surrey be more appropriate?

1. Andy 97

Re: Surrey?

Shhhh, it's a slow news day.

16. hatti

Bell

Perhaps a statue of Guy Stevens made from the molten end of an old town bell would be more relevant

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon