back to article Help us sniff out 50 neutron star collisions so we can calculate universe expansion, cosmoboffins plead

Cosmologists need gravitational wave measurements from 50 binary neutron star mergers to work out just how fast our universe is really expanding, according to new research. The cosmos has been ballooning ever since it was birthed from the Big Bang some 13.8 billion years ago. Edwin Hubble, an American astronomer, discovered …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

How small can you make a black hole?

How small can you make a blackhole in resonance model?

Resonance model:

Matter is composed of two sizelss particles +ve and -ve, one force, electric, electric propagates at infinity, there is no mass, no speed of light, no momentum, no inertia, no meaningful sense of time.... that resulted in a numerical simulation called peasoup, which made a resonant oscillating frequency F, which made a speed of light (1W per 1F), velocity in the range 0 to 1W (a component of F oscillation pushed into a direction across the F field), a sense of time (how many F ticks), ribbons in motion (photons?), hoops/donuts of multiples of W (quarks?), momentum (conservation of energy in that velocity oscillation), anti-particles (single axis mirror particle shoved W/2 along the axis), electrons with orientation and spin (F2, two wavelength donut, -ve monopole, two wavelength anti-donut), magnetism (F/2 oscillation inphase or out of phase depending on which donut is up and which is down in the field), gravity (shorter W near mass, means resonance point is nearer mass side), and a bunch of other stuff covered in slashdot and some discussed here, like the effect of velocity on atomic clocks.

In resonance model, a black hole is a 2F universe (relative to the outer blackhole) and we're in one. The edge of our observable universe is the inner edge of an event horizon. Since everything depends on F, including time, speed of light and propagation of forces, to us, it makes no difference if we're 2 deep in black holes or 2 billion deep in blackholes, we couldn't tell the difference).

Velocity inwards and outwards is spin on the outer blackhole.

https://forums.theregister.co.uk/forum/all/2019/01/15/wonky_protoplanetary_disk/#c_3694871

If we're accelerating it likely means our black hole is spinning faster or shrinking as it ejects matter.

Blackholes are common, 2F oscillations, the organization of matter compresses W (light in a vacuum travels 1W per oscillation, light in glass travels 1W per oscillation too, it's resonant so it cannot change frequency, so W must be shorter in glass). As W gets to W/2 in all directions if the 2F matter is sufficient in relation to surrounding 1F matter, it can form a 2F black hole. F can double to 2F for that matter forming an event horizon where the transition happens.

2F decouples the blackhole from the surrounding matter, except for magnetism (F/2 magnetic becomes the electric field outside at right angles), and more complex oscillations would also interact. Simply put, every pull in 1F is met with a push/pull in 2F. The blackhole decouples except for some minor stuff.

Matter enters a 2F blackhole, heads to the center, crosses the center, and exits the black hole. Blackholes are simply a measure of the concentration of oscillating matter.

As matter concentrates, it forms 2F blackholes which grow as more matter enters, as it exits, the blackhole shrinks, ejecting its contents via rotation.

Blackholes within blackholes within blackholes, each twice the frequency, time running twice as fast, half the wavelength....

My point in the context to this article was made above... that the universe acceleration is driven by spin or shrinkage in the outer black hole around our universe. But I wanted to point out a another point...

A blackhole ejects its contents as spin as it shrinks. You see your spiral galaxy? The one with the blackhole in the center. You think the stars are being sucked into the black hole? Maybe, but MORE LIKELY IT WAS EJECTED BY THE SHRINKING BLACK HOLE. The spirals being ejected matter as the blackhole shrinks spinning faster.

Inside those black holes, their universe is expanding faster too. The outer black hole spinning faster, their inner universe shrinking, stars disappearing at the fringes of their universe.

If our universe is expanding, then we're likely in expansion phase of our blackhole, with matter exiting this black hole, and the blackholes within ours are also more likely to also be in expansion phase, ejecting their matter into our universe.

i.e. SPIRAL GALAXIES ARE BLACK HOLE EJECTS

1. Christoph

Re: How small can you make a black hole?

You what?

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

I miss the "time cube" site.

That is all.

2. DJO Silver badge

Wibble.

Hard to know where to begin, so much crap, misunderstandings and deranged fantasies it could have come from the White House.

Incidentally in theory Black Holes can be quite small but the smaller they are the quicker they evaporate so a tiny one would disappear before anybody noticed it.

1. swm

Actually an evaporating black hole should release quite a lot of energy in its dying moments. The amount released in the last second is pretty constant so might serve as a "standard candle" although I don't believe any have been observed yet.

3. Francis Boyle Silver badge

No galaxy has ever been ejected from a black hole but this nonsense surely was.

4. This post has been deleted by its author

5. phuzz Silver badge
      Facepalm

Ok, lets start at the beginning:

"Matter is composed of two sizelss particles"

NO. It's just not.

"one force, electric, electric propagates at infinity"

If you mean that the 'electric force' propagates at an infinite speed, NO. It's not even that hard to measure at home.

"there is no mass, no speed of light, no momentum, no inertia, no meaningful sense of time"

Wait a minute, this isn't a deranged attempt at misunderstanding physics, this is a trip report! It all makes sense now.

Look AC, perhaps you should reduce the dose a bit, and maybe share some with the rest of the class?

6. Stumpy

I think what he means to say is simply:

Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.

7. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

You've clearly given this some thought, and spent a non-insignificant amount of time composing your post, but I think you need to think a bit more about this.

What you're getting into here is Preon (Pre-Elementary) theory but at this level you can't start with +ve & -ve particles without first defining +ve & -ve: at Preon levels +ve & -ve are macroscopic properties: the result of combinations of even lower order abstract properties.

2. STOP_FORTH
    Mushroom

Sixty symbols

There is a good Youtube video covering this topic. Just search for "sixty symbols age of universe". The Deep Sky videos are also worth watching.

(Icon chosen as it is the biggest bang available.)

3. Pirate Dave Silver badge
    Pirate

Plea?

The headline promised a plea for help, but I missed seeing such in the body of the article. Perhaps it was eaten by a blackhole?

I erroneously assumed these astro-boffins were going to start up some type of "SETI@Home" processing farm-out project to look for wiggles in large data sets, buuuut perhaps not.

1. This post has been deleted by its author

2. Ogi
      Happy

Re: Plea?

I admit I too was expecting some actual request for help in the article, but didn't see one. They did mention they need to find more of these neutron star collisions, which basically requires procesing a large dataset looking for the tell tale signs (namely gravity wave ripples).

I used to crunch numbers on gravitational waves using Einstein@HOME/BOINC ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Einstein%40Home ), until they decided to redesign the site and broke my account in pretty much every way possible (after which time, it became too much of a headache to continue).

Assuming they fixed the issues from before, I am sure they would not mind more CPU/GPU cycles donated, and it could well help these guys locate the desired neutron star collisions.

Likewise, the Boinc project as a whole is a worth a look if you want to contribute compute power to a wide range of scientific projects.

3. Cuddles

Re: Plea?

"I erroneously assumed these astro-boffins were going to start up some type of "SETI@Home" processing farm-out project to look for wiggles in large data sets, buuuut perhaps not."

That was my first assumption too. However, on second reading I think they're asking us all to go out and start banging neutron stars together so there's something for them to detect.

4. This post has been deleted by its author

5. aregross

"Speed is wavelength times frequency."

That make no sense as wavelength *is* frequency. The shorter the wavelength the higher the frequency... of ANYTHING!

1. DJO Silver badge

The speed of light is frequency multiplied by wavelength (in a given medium*), they have a reciprocal relationship.

* normally a vacuum, it gets interesting in other media

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like