back to article Google hands out roses to preferred Android MDM vendors

Google is extending its Android Enterprise Recommended program to mobile device management. The Mountain View advertising giant has unveiled the first crop of vendors to gain its official endorsement for Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) software and services. Firms that are given the title will be able to tell customers …

1. Mark 85

The endorsed firms are also required to spring for Google-provided training for their sales and support staff and keep up-to-date documentation and user guides for Android admins.

With sales/marketing staff being a profit center and support being an expense, how many companies will actually have their techs get the training? I've seen more than a few places send some techs for training and then when they leave (better job or made redundant) the new kids get no training. The other wonderment is it's Google. How long will they actually support this?

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Working so far

I bought a device on the enterprise hardware list, and it's updates are very good. Well within the 90day limit, and good for 3 years of this level of support and at least 1 major letter update.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Working so far

Samsung are somewhat conspicuous by their absence, but, working in Enterprise Mobility, G Recommended is a good step forward into ensuring that devices keep getting the security updates, something that can't be said for, well, Samsung.

Users are keeping devices for longer, which is making the issue of non updatable devices a bigger risk every day

3. EnviableOne

Notable Exceptions

looking at Gartner's CC for EMM, the following need to have words down the choco factory:

Cisco Meraki Systems Manager

Sophos

Samsung (although hardware diversity may be an issue)

Ivanti

4. DB_87

Apptec emm

Not to mention Apptec as an EMM provider is remarkable. I have already tested the solutions of almost all the manufacturers mentioned but have introduced apptec because it was convincing in terms of quality and price. Therefore I cannot understand it.

5. S.Williams

Apptec360

Hi DB,

I can only agree with you. We also use the EMM software from apptec360 and are very convinced of the features and the ease of use. The price is much lower than with most vendors.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like