back to article NXE fans tempted with refurb Xbox HDD offer

The impending New Xbox Experience will require 128MB of storage when you download it. So Microsoft’s launched a storage upgrade offer to ensure gamers without HDD-equipped consoles can still join in. Xbox_offer2 Hurrah! Reg Hardware's dusty Arcade is eligible If you’re an Arcade owner, then 128MB is a fair chunk of your …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

LOL

Microsoft charging again. By now you Xbox360 owners would have ended up paying more than a PS3, but ended up with something vastly inferior...

LOL

2. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

Oh give over...

Since you can get a 360 for about £170 with hard drive and hdmi the only thing you get extra for your £130 more it'd cost you for a PS3 is blu ray which has nothing to do with the gaming experience. Theres about 1 single PS3 game thats exclusive thats worth playing (Metal Gear) and all the others are pretty much the same, if not in some cases better on the 360 so get over yourself fan boy.

XBox charge for live but its worth every penny whereas Home is derided as a last minute add on that Sony "forgot" when first developing the PS3. Frankly who would pay for it!!

Paris, as shes not vastly inferior either.

3. randomtask
    Heart

FAN BOI ALERT!

*Points at anonymous coward whilst doing a fanny dance*

"He rubs his PS3 upon his skin"

Wierdo.

4. Steve Rowsell
    Stop

@ AC - LOL

Would you like me to explain to you what the word 'optional' means?

My 360 suits my purposes perfectly, I have a full catalogue of great games and have not paid £300 for the privilege of having a Blu-Ray player that I have no use for.

I pay a fiver a month for an online matchmaking service that is vastly superior to the PS3's and am happy to continue doing this.

I could provide you with a great many more reasons why I am happy with my purchase, but frankly, I just can't be bothered.

These forums seem to be overpopulated by sore PS3 owners with nothing to occupy their time and I'm getting bored responding to their attempts to belittle the 360 and its user base. Why not go and use your oh so wonderful console if its that great and stop flaming anything 360-related.

Pathetic.

Oh yeah, LOL.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

re: Oh give over...

"Home is derided as a last minute add on that Sony "forgot" when first developing the PS3."

You realise of course, that Home has been in development for 5 years, not the 3month skin update that NXE is. Prepare to be underwhelmed by NXE, I certainly was...

6. Iain

@AC number 3...

How is Home, by the way? What, you've not played it? Well, in that case you're perfectly positioned to tell all the 360 owners why it's utterly marvellous, just as your fellow fanboys did with Lair and Heavenly Sword, until facts made that slightly embarrassing.

Home is Second Life without the building (or, to be generous, the furries). Pretty blimmin' pointless. Which is also something I'd say about a lot of NXE, but there are enough useful features to make it worth the free download; I mainly want the faster Live Arcade menus.

7. Steve Ives
    Paris Hilton

My console's better than your console…

Blah Blah Blah

The 360 is cheaper, but you have to pay for online gaming, wireless internet & a blu-ray player. The PS3 has these included but if you don't want them, they're just things that could have been omitted to save money.

The 360 has this game and that game that the PS3 doesn't; and vice versa.

My 360 with GTA IV sounds like someone's left the vacuum cleaner on; the PS3 is silent.

When you 12-years have got a job - you'll stop bickering because you'll just go and buy both (and a Wii).

And a projector with a 92" screen and a 600w surround-sound system...

Whine whine whine....

I don't know...kids these days...Mumble mumble mumble....

Steve

Paris, becasue she likes to see things from multiple positions.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

What a bunch of twatdanglers!

All of you are acting like idiot fanboi's! XBox vs PS3? Fuck em both I say. Get a PC and become a real gamer. Consoles suck arse juice!

9. Mark
    Gates Horns

HOME HOME HOME

ITS GREAT GREAT GREAT.

I'll be able to create a thin version of myself that can attract all of the boys who play their PS3's but don't want to see me in real life

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like