back to article Three SiPort Inc bosses slain in gun rampage

A 47-year-old product test engineer was arrested yesterday on suspicion of fatally shooting three of his colleagues after being laid off from his post at Santa Clara-based SiPort Inc. Jing Hua Wu, a married father of six-year-old twin sons and another boy under three, faces three counts of murder, police told the Associated …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Andy Dodges

Acts of Desperation

Wow he got sacked and decided to send the bums who made the decision to an early grave. No surprise there with more and more middle class folks losing their incomes while CEO's and other upper management merely forgo their Christmas bonus its a miracle these kinds of acts are not being committed throughout the country.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Unhappy

When I left my old job

When I left my old job after being bullied by the manager, name calling and so on, I left him a note on his desk. I knew that it was his day off that day and put a note by his keyboard. I reminded him about how horrible he had been with false accusations and so on. I had always been good tempered and that was the first time anyone had made me feel really angry. I think if I was there even longer, I may have exploded. Luckily I had control and decided that it would be best to let him know how I felt about his management and behaviour. As soon as my payday had arrived and it was cashed in my account, I left. Managers need to understand their staff and not treat them like dirt, otherwise it could blow up in their face literally.

Sometimes staff are pushed around a lot and that really affects them. When they are sacked, then all is lost from them. They feel like that they have nothing to look forward to. I think it is these desperate times that makes one to think irrationally. In this case, he killed the ones who he thinks as destroyed his life.

I think when people are to be made redundant, then they should be given redundancy payment and help with getting a new job. Quite often what happens is that when people are sacked, then they are left there to deal with it themselves.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Um

He shot innocent people . Should of just shot him self.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

He made his point

He was most probably screwed by the company so feeling powerless he went and shot them. People would do well to remember to be conciderate and polite to each other, this is the very reason why we need good manours.

5. druck Silver badge

@Andy Dodges

"No surprise there with more and more middle class folks losing their incomes while CEO's and other upper management merely forgo their Christmas bonus"

You are joking? Their bonus might be ever so slightly smaller than last year if the company has made a massive loss, but they'll still get it, and it will still be several times the salary of the sacked guy. We can't get guns here, but hammers are freely available.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Say Prayers for the Families

Please, please, please, please, please stop this idle speculation. It is causing great harm to the families of the victims. These were decent, hard working people with children. They didn't do anything to deserve any of this. We've all had horrible bosses. And we've all had great ones. People are people. But Sid was an extraordinarily kind and gentle CEO. And Marilyn was like a mother to ALL of the employees. Please don't project your own histories onto a situation that you know nothing about. Say prayers for the three families. And for Jing's family, too.

Board member

This topic is closed for new posts.