back to article DXC's Americas CFO splits amid yet more deckchair shifting

Another senior exec at DXC Technology's Americas operation has left the organisation: chief finance officer Matthew Neisler split on Friday, according to an internal memo. In a note to the bean-counting department, enterprise veep and worldwide CFO Paul Saleh confirmed the departure. "Erik ter Horst will be stepping in to …

1. Pascal Monett Silver badge

"It expects to get there by acquisition and organic growth."

Acquisition. Taking over another company and folding some or most of their employees into yours. Merging two different corporate cultures, making a mess of both in the end. Sure, it makes for bigger numbers on the ledger, and hopefully captures more market and customers, but it really feels like a pain to go through for the expected result - which is not always attained.

Here, we have the remnants of HPE employees who are apparently leaving in droves. That is a sign that DXC has a rather big problem on its hands ; its experience is bleeding away. That does not bode well for future execution, meaning acquisition is just going to mask the problems to the outside.

Right now, I do not see a rosy future for DXC.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Last man out etc

After Friday's motivational emails from Peter Hands et al I doubt you will find anyone in DXC UK that gives a monkeys. UK pulls in record revenues and gets rewarded with redundancy notices, yeah thanks a bunch.

1. IanRS

Re: Last man out etc

It was like that when it was HP-ES, and when it was EDS before then. EDS UK has done well, but EDS EMEA as a whole has done badly, therefore EDS UK will be punished as it is part of EDS EMEA.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

How long have we got?

I wonder how long before DXC gets broken up and Mike Lawrie walks away with a golden handshake. Share price has dropped, not winning much new business, struggling to service the new business it does win, existing customers becoming more dissatisfied, staff morale at an all time low with people leaving in their droves. Can't be long before it all implodes!

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: How long have we got?

It will be a while longer, although I agree, the DXC story will not end well.

4. manalive

Only a matter of time

Won’t be long until this sh1tshow of a business is gone.

Good riddance.

5. Oor Nonny-Muss

DXC - more like the Golgafrinchan B Ark

See $TITLE

6. TheBorg

Turd polishing for professionals .... written by Mr Lawrie, an insight into how to take a perfectly good company and crash it into the IT swamp !

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

More important than some beancounter, Greg Betz just left, I don't know what was his position recently but he used to lead delivery in all AMS region and in ES times was vice president. Pity, he was a good guy.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like