back to article Icahn't let you do this: Stock botherer fires off sueball to scupper Dell's 'coercive' deal

In a move that probably caught nobody by surprise, corporate raider Carl Icahn has launched a lawsuit to block Dell's proposed purchase of V-class shares – stock known by the ticker DVMT. AI_doomsday_clock Two weeks before Chrimbo? When Dell V-Class shareholders get to vote on THAT deal READ MORE Icahn revealed on his …

1. a_yank_lurker

Icahn for Fraud

Icahn has been a notorious corporate raider and general purpose fraud for decades. His MO is to get enough stock to dictate the destruction of the company in such away he makes profit but everyone else including employees get shafted. I suspect this is stall tactic so he can get more control and destroy Dell while making a profit off the carcass.

1. Down not across

Re: Icahn for Fraud

His MO is to get enough stock to dictate the destruction of the company in such away he makes profit but everyone else including employees get shafted.

It sure is. He is driven by insatiable greed and anything else is just collateral damage.

That period, Icahn's announcement said, "is critical to DVMT stockholders because the company and its advisors have been soliciting votes, and DVMT stockholders have a right to know whether, and to what extent, the Board is aware of, and even planned, some of the apparently coercive tactics being employed by the company and its advisors".

Coercive? Pot. Kettle.

Oh and well done El Reg to drop the "activist investor" and just call him what he is, a corporate raider.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

He is driven by insatiable greed

Would seem to be true. Icahn is reportedly worth around $18bn, and still the leech can't stop trying to take money off other people. We should pity the poor bugger rather than hate him.

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

This mentality is exactly why you Britbongs lost your empire. So he should stop trying to make money for owners of Icahn Enterprises because he's worth $18 billion? Are all the Dell shareholders worth that much?

2. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Mistaken reasoning at the end. So a company isn't coercive because Carl Icahn is coercive? Sounds like argumentum ad hominem right there. Carl Icahn is clearly looking out for the shareholders. You sound like a management shill or a shill for the employees, who work for the owners- the shareholders. Insatiable greed? So looking out for the owners of his company, Icahn Enterprises, is just insatiable greed?

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Load of bullshit. He's never been convicted of anything serious. "Corporate raider" is definitely an unfair dysphemism for "activist investor" and you clearly don't understand the difference between what Bill Ackman described as "Carl Icahn 2.0" and the old Carl Icahn. Carl Icahn 2.0 is the activist, who helps the shareholders. Do you even know how many companies Icahn Enterprises owns? Are all of them destroyed? The employees aren't the owners and the interests of the owners should be considered first.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Go

I'm actually with Carl on this one

Carl Icahn is never going to win any humanitarian of the year awards, but I think that in this case the DMVT share owners should get proper financial information so that they can value their shares and confirm whether or not Dell's proposed price is reasonable.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: I'm actually with Carl on this one

Delaware's court system for corporate matters is a top notch.

Not really a sleazy tool to employ. Carl has utilized much worse.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

This is a classic case of managements trying to screw over shareholders while benefiting themselves.

3. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

It's that Michael Dell financial re-engineering déjà vu all over again ....

3. Uncle Ron

Please

Please someone give me one example of anything that Carl Icahn has ever been a value-add to anybody, anywhere ever. He has been nothing but a gadfly and loudmouth and ignoramus, and a destroyer of companies for decades. It is trite to say it, but he is the inspiration (I guess) for Gordon Gecko. He has made loads of money for himself and his inner worshipers, but has lost far more money for employees, communities and the long-term interests of our country. He pounces on companies in near-term trouble and sells off the pieces and puts them out of business. He is the human analogy to masturbation: Short-term gratification in exchange for eventual dissipation and irrelevance. (Maybe a lousy analogy--doesn't give enough credit to masturbation.) The only good news I will ever hear about Carl Ichan is that he has been deemed mentally incompetent, or that he is gone from among us.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like