back to article Check this out: Radisson Hotel Group 'fesses up to 'security incident'

Radisson Hotel Group has told members of its loyalty scheme that their personal details were exposed in a data breach. The hotel chain and conference centre fave said it "identified" the security foul-up on 1 October, weeks after it happened on 11 September, but only emailed holders of the Radisson Rewards cards that are …

1. This post has been deleted by its author

2. BebopWeBop

And this surprises exactly who? But on the positive side I am looking forward to a very very very large fine.

1. MudFever

re; a very very very large fine.

Absolutely, as it will remind companies that GDPR has big teeth and they need to look after their customer's data.

2. Derezed
      Meh

Re: Private Eye always has

I'm looking forward to seeing hell frozen over...we'll see what our GDPR overlords do...my guess is it will equate to a fine equalling no less than three to four microseconds of profit.

3. GnuTzu
    Facepalm

"cry seriously"

I know that's a typo (yeah, and we know that's supposed to be that nauseating public relations B.S.), but somebody seriously should make them cry.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"Loyalty" Cards

Are these similar to the "Rewards" cards that I'm always asked for everywhere I go?

The cashiers always give me dirty looks when the phone number associated with "my" rewards/loyalty account is the same one I just overheard the customer in front of me blurt out.

1. Doctor Syntax Silver badge

Re: "Loyalty" Cards

The cashiers always give me dirty looks when the phone number associated with "my" rewards/loyalty account is the same one I just overheard the customer in front of me blurt out.

If you're going to do that sort of thing do it properly. Look up their customer services number before hand. That way their marketing can learn something useful about their customer service.

5. Doctor Syntax Silver badge

Look for Radisson to be recruiting a data protection officer soon. It looks as if they don't have one at present.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon