back to article World's ugliest mutt pops paws

The three-legged, one-eyed hairless Chinese crested known as Gus, and internationally famous as the world's ugliest mutt, succumbed on Monday to skin cancer at the age of nine, Florida's St. Petersburg Times reports. Owner Jeanenne Teed, of Gulfport, rescued Gus when he was a puppy. His hideous bald countenance was perfectly …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

There is an award for ugly dogs?

Now if there was an award for ugly wi.....

No, I'd better stop there.

AC because I'm not TOTALLY stupid.

2. Poopie McStinklestein
    Happy

Well, I suppose

Well, I suppose however bad I'm feeling, I can look at that dog, and feel a little grateful.

3. geist
    Alien

Notre Dame

So cruel, like in the Notre Dame cartoon. Would you give Hawking a similar award?

4. Poopie McStinklestein
    Flame

Oh, and grr

Oh, and grr at people who put image slideshows on a video site.

5. Jared Earle
    Alert

Not as ugly as Sam

Sam, whose paws are also popped was even uglier than Gus.

http://tw3.it/64

6. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

I've...

Woken up with a few...

7. Stuart
    Paris Hilton

what has been seen....

cannot be unseen...

that was a freaking ugly dog.

Shame we can't put people up for a similar award.

PH because she could be the judge, just to rub it in :P

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

At least his humans looked nice

Jeanenne is a cutey.

That was, however, one ugly dog - but obviously they loved him.

(ug - getting all misty eyed thinking of the dog I lost 7 years ago now ...)

9. Adrian
    Coat

Better Headline?

"Minger mutt in Melanoma meltdown"?

Speaking of Mingers (www.mingers.com) does anyone remember Henrik and his sister?

10. Michael O'Malley

Ugly?

Is it just me, or does anyone else think the dog is not that bad? OK, he's missing a leg. He's also gone bald, but hey, he's on chemo for the cancer. He looks like any friendly mutt, that's been injured..

If you think that's ugly, you ain't seen some of the scary ones out there. Even a boxer could out-ugly him any day, with one paw tied behind his back.

11. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

@ "Minger mutt in Melanoma meltdown"

We have a winner.

12. Luther Blissett

Lovely dog

It's the normal ones that should be put down unless they're doing something useful. And I don't mean scaring old ladies, or holding their hands.

13. RW
    Go

There is no ugly dog

Unless ugly is defined by behavior, not appearance.

14. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Title. What title?

I didn't realise the ex was dead.

15. Evil_Medic
    Heart

I have some idea what the owners had

I have a three-legged cat (brought to me as a stray), who has lost BOTH eyes to glaucoma a few years back. Even he still looks pretty handsome and still manages to get about the place just fine- stairs included.

My sympathies and a raised glass for their recent loss.

-EM

16. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Sam was uglier

This one is no match.

17. jake Silver badge

RIP, Gus.

Those of you paying attention (probably in the single digits world-wide, I realize) may have noticed I know a little bit about dogs.

I'm not fond of Chinese Cresteds, or any other Toy^WCompanion breed, for that matter ... This isn't a "I hate small dogs" comment, I don't. I love 'em. I just choose not to own them. Personal preference. (There ARE individual small dogs we avoid when walking our own dogs ... but it's not the small dogs that are at fault, rather it's the owners. And we only avoid them to not have to pay the clueless owner's Vet bills after we let our dogs defend themselves ...).

However, I actually knew Gus. He was a sweetie. Did dog stuff in dog time, the way a dog is supposed to do dog stuff. My own dogs liked Gus. He led a good, if less than graceful, life.

My condolences to Jeanenne.

--

jake in Sonoma, CA

18. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

look at the state of this one then

Now this is an ugly dog

19. David Eddleman
    Unhappy

Aww

Poor dog. It's always sad when an owner has to put their beloved animal companion down due to disease or disability.

This topic is closed for new posts.