back to article Nokia 7310 Supernova candybar phone

Nokia is re-introducing the once-popular exchangeable Xpress-On cover concept to a new generation of impressionable mobile buyer with its Supernova range of budget mobiles. The 7310 Supernova is one of a trio of blast-from-the-past cover-swapping mobiles aimed at cash-strapped phone users. It angles for a bit of low-cost style …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Michael

I thought I understood Nokia's numbering system

but now I'm completely confused. I thought 7### was supposed to be the more expensive "youth" phones and 3### the cheap ones?

2. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

reminds me of 1997!

do these come in monochrome screens too?!?

3. James Anderson
    Happy

Feature Set?

Feature 1 -- you can make phone calls.

Feature 2 -- you can send text messages.

Feature 3 -- battery stays charged for more than 3 days

Feature 4 -- other stuff nobody ever uses.

Seems like the same feature set as nearly every other mobile. Not many of the trendy expensive ones have Feature number 3 though.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

On the other hand

I think I'll get one for my mother. Her old nokia has finally succumbed to what basically amounts to "Years of abuse", and she hates my old K1, which I gave her as a temp.

5. Yorkshirepudding
    Thumb Down

there can only be one

Nokia 3210 FTW! until my dad killed it with a dodgy battery from the market pffft

looks like a womans phone imho and the series 40 OS is horrid

6. Anonymous Coward
    Unhappy

damage not an issue

Don't knock the Xpress on covers. I love Nokia's monoblock format for it's lack of moving parts and because you used to be able to replace the cover, it didn't matter if the screen took a few knocks. I've been waiting for something to make me as happy as my 7610 did. s60, with a large keypad in a monoblock, changable covers, expanable memory. This isn't it, I was hoping for something similar in the N series, and am still denied.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like