back to article Capita onshores IBM transformer man as chief growth officer

Beleaguered outsourcing biz Capita is turning to IBM Global Business Services (GBS) – another beleaguered outsourcing biz – to onshore its managing partner for North America, hiring him as chief growth officer. Ismail Amla's recruitment was trumpeted by London Stock Exchange-listed Capita today: he fills a position that didn't …

1. Wellyboot Silver badge

doing "fewer things better"

Crapita going away entirely would probably make many things much better.

2. Korev Silver badge
    Mushroom

Apparently Capita is "well positioned to play a leading role in the transformational journeys being undertaken by the public and private sectors,"

To "secure Capita's position as the digital transformation partner of choice".

Please Mr Putin can we borrow one of these please -->

We'll even launch it from orbit to make sure....

1. Greg_v

lol. just lol.

3. a_yank_lurker

Round Robin of Failures

Moving from one leaking vessel to another with no signs of learning - another overpaid PHB.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Round Robin of Failures

Yeah, this CV does read as "can't hold a job" when viewed in a certain light.

4. EscapedTheInsanity

Fewer things better.....

From the inside (and bear in mind I only recently freed myself from their clutches)....

.....that could be taken to mean doing less projects at a higher quality or (more aligned with my experience of them) do the same stuff but reduce the quality.

They routinely overcharge for everything (not a surprise) and then hide behind contracts (or gaps in them) to justify gouging the end client.

Everything is a project with huge man effort and once you've signed the PO you can expect all the excuses that can be trotted out to explain why they have no available resource.

5. EnviableOne

"fewer things better"

if they did one thing well i'd be supprised...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like