back to article SAP slaps down Teradata's 'trade secret' sueball with sick burn

SAP is pushing to have a lawsuit from competitor Teradata thrown out for good, arguing the claims are "factually groundless". The suit, which Teradata filed in June, alleged SAP had "lured" it into a joint venture and used that to collate the firm's trade secrets in order to create the SAP HANA data platform. It also made …

1. Charlie Clark Silver badge

I'd side with Teradata on this one

SAP's contracts, like Oracle's, are about as good a definition of lock-in as you'll come across, which is why so much of them are redacted if they ever get to see the light of day.

1. Mark 110

Re: I'd side with Teradata on this one

I'd side wiith anyone except Teradata having worked with them. Have you tried to work with them? It seems to involve you paying £1/2 million quid for hardware, support, services that you have no idea what to do with and then £5 million on top to learrn what to do wiith the "solution" they sold you.

Utter fuck wit con artists that I never want to deal with again!!!!

1. Grikath

You mean: "Just like SAP" ?

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

I've seen this before, in the late 90's, SAP customers were buying i2 Rhythm supply chain planning software. SAP partnered with i2 to offer direct integration with its PP module then after about a year ended the partnership and launched SAP APO with the same functions and very similar interface as Rhythm SCP.

Anonymous for obvious reasons.

2. John Smith 19 Gold badge
    Unhappy

Terradata's precursor was NCR, one of the companies US anti-trust legislation

written to prosecute.

TBH I don't really trust the claims of either side.

Do I think SAP could have studied the competition and used "Project Bridge" as a trap to get them to cough up trade secrets? Yes.

Do I think Terradata has had few new wins lately? Yes.

Would I trust either of their claims without a team of independent experts going through them? F**k no.

1. Richard 12 Silver badge

Re: Terradata's precursor was NCR, one of the companies US anti-trust legislation

With any luck, they'll both lose this case.

One of them might even lose by winning it.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

SAP HANA is a glass cannon. We have it crash relatively frequently for longer than is really acceptable. AC for obvious reasons.

1. Charlie Clark Silver badge
      Black Helicopters

Of course, now you have it you can pay for it forever. Even if you can't use it or want to give the licence back.

We are SAP. We know where you live and what schools your children go to.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like