back to article Data apocalypse is coming unless you buy AI, declares AI biz

On Thursday, Moogsoft, maker of an AI platform for IT automation, invited a few corporate customers and like-thinking vendors to testify to the saving grace of AI-driven IT automation. CEO Phil Tee opened the second annual AIOps Symposium by questioning the pursuit of data. Enterprises gather 44TB of data daily, he said, and …

1. Shadow Systems

Ponzi scheme?

You've just described your entire buzzword bullshite spewing sector. Thanks for removing all doubt that you're all a bunch of wankers!

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Ponzi scheme?

I'm not even going to tell them how and where what they are doing will go off the rails. It's not even worth the effort anymore. Sadly, many a person working in this and related fields are going to get nailed by the blow-back and feedback loops inherent in their approaches.

1. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge

Re: Ponzi scheme?

My post-apocalyptic popcorn bunker is coming along nicely.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

A.I.

Can someone explain exactly what is "Intelligent" about these A.I. Systems?

And what exactly is "Artificial" other than they are not naturally occurring on this planet (or anywhere else as far as we know). Can it really learn on the job? Have these passed the Turing Test? etc etc

Just anothe buzzword to sell crap and get uniformed PHB's to go to expensive conferences where they learn bugger all.

Consider me unconvinced.

1. ivan5

Re: A.I.

+10

It would be fun if they accidentally did produce a real A.I. and it slapped them down hard.

2. Rafael #872397
      Trollface

Re: Can someone explain exactly what is "Intelligent" about these A.I. Systems?

They're organic, and gluten-free. Lot's of fiber on those AI, yessir. And DevOps!

3. cd

Re: A.I.

It's artificial because the whole thing is based upon artifice.

It's intelligent because they are obviously moreso than their client base.

3. MOOG-FAN

Taking the name of Moog in vane

The name of their company sounds like a copyright infringement

Have they asked Bob Moog ?

moogmusic.com/legacy

1. Dominic Wellington

Re: Taking the name of Moog in vane

We asked, they were cool with it.

Source: I work for Moogsoft. Our lawyers are busy enough without getting ourselves sued for no good reason.

Also, we're not the only ones with an adjacent name. Once at the Excel, there were two trade shows going one, the IT one we were at and a mechanical engineering event on the other side of the hallway, and these guys were there: http://www.moog.com We exchanged stickers and other swag.

2. CAPS LOCK

Re: Taking the name of Moog in vane

Right now I'm going to knock off early so I can go home and play my Moog theremin. This is actually true, even though it's on the internet!

4. Christian Berger

If you have to much data...

... maybe you should collect _less_ data and tell your marketing department about it. Sure you'll have less data, but collecting less data gives you an edge over your competitors.

BTW, it's not like you can legally collect data in Europe without knowing what to do with them.

1. FozzyBear
      Big Brother

Re: If you have to much data...

But, But, But

it's a self justifying cycle. The more data there is the more people I need on my team to tell you crap about crap. Which generates more data which means that I , well you get the idea.

Stopping the data flow will mean that My Empire , I mean my team is in jeopardy

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

44TB of data a day

Well, they should not be collecting the data at all. Full stop!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like