back to article US airforce online ad theme: 'Horror Meets Comedy'

In a move which you simply couldn't make up, The US Air Force has announced that it will partner with Microsoft to advertise itself on the Xbox under the banner "Horror Meets Comedy". The deal will see the USAF sponsoring a series of short films for viewing on the Xbox Live online portal. The service, whose civilian and …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Emo
    Joke

May the

Schwartz be with you..

2. Mike Moyle
    Coat

Errrmmm---

"...(an) exclusive opportunity for the Air Force to engage with our target audience,"

An unfortunate choice of words, surely...!

3. Anonymous Coward
    Black Helicopters

Just that one?

How about the war in Bosnia when they shot HARMs at civilian radars in neighbouring non-combatant countries every time a beam glanced anywhere near them.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/331127.stm

Or the Chinese embassy "mishap"?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/1999/oct/17/balkans

4. Pete mcQuail
    Black Helicopters

flying killer drones operating overseas by remote control

Why not just let the ordinary X-Box players do the dirty work - a highly skilled self motivated workforce like that would save a fortune in training.

5. Bill Gould
    Gates Halo

How about...

They change the tagline to "The USAF: Bunch of fucktards" or a Waldo series of books where some hillbilly general is looking for his lost nukes on every page.

Asshats.

6. Oninoshiko
    Flame

they fell asleep.. and i care why

I mean really? If the guys with the button are asleep I'm happy. It's when they are awake entering in those codes I start to worry!

That would be the icon show our planet after they needed to be awake...

7. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

In other news

OS Card was asked by the military and Microsoft to provide design input for their new Game and social networking site: Senders Universe. Xenophobics need not apply.

8. ian

Norty?

On the "horror meets comedy" theme:

"Nuke'em all, let God sort'em out", and the ever popular "Nuke'em 'til they glow, then shoot'em in the dark".

9. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

Some days

You get quality material like this and the jokes just write themselves.

Joke icon cus that's what the USAF is making itself look like with antics like this.

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

What the hell?

Did somebody from the Marines get a USAF guy drunk and feed him these ideas, or what?

11. Pascal Monett Silver badge

@Pete mcQuail

Highly skilled ? Do you know how many n00bs crash their plane on take-off in BF1942 and BF2 ? After shooting one of their teammates in the back to get in it first ?

Some are good, of course, some are very, very good. But the majority couldn't pilot their way across the Channel in a straight line.

Training will still be needed, and very much needed.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like