back to article LA engineers cop to traffic system sabotage

Two traffic engineers for the City of Los Angeles have admitted they illegally disrupted the computer system that controls traffic lights just prior to a 2006 union action related to contract negotiations with the city. Gabriel Murillo, 39, and Kartik Patel, 36, each pleaded guilty to a single felony count of illegally …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Chris iverson
    Alert

Thats it

That explained one reason why the traffic is so bad. or i dunno. Anyway network engineer on Los Angeles looking for a work at home job

2. marco
    Stop

amateurs

The 'Real Napster' would be disappointed.

3. Chris C

They got off way too light

They willfully, premeditatedly, and maliciously endangered the lives of thousands of people (if not tens of thousands or more), and all they get is a slap on the wrist? And why in the hell should they be able to get a felony conviction reduced to a misdemeanor simply because they complete the "punishment"? Can a murderer do that? No, so why should they be able to? This is nothing more than a mockery of the judicial system.

4. Joe K

Huh?

"Hackers" that don't get insane prison terms in a pound-you-in-the-arse prison?

What the hell?

5. Dave
    Go

@Chris C

If these lights were anything like the ones over here, then turning them off should have eased traffic for all concerned. Apparently human beings are collectively more intelligent than a small electronic box.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Unhappy

There's hope for McKinnon yet then.

In the land of freedom and justice, no doubt we shall see a comparable sentence for him.

/sarcasm off.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

I have a better idea

Make them go to London and fix the traffic mess.

8. RemoteIntelligence
    Thumb Up

Two hours a day?

"the two must ... serve 120 days or 240 hours of community service"

Can I have a job like this?

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@Chris C

Have you been to LA ?? people there seem to think traffic control device are mere suggestions.

10. kain preacher

There's hope for McKinnon yet then.

Umm they pled out McKinnon didn't.

This topic is closed for new posts.