back to article Four-year switch: Two Cisco veeps pack bags and go for a wander

A former Brocade marketer turned Cisco veep is leaving the networking kinpin, along with another veep who ran the service provider division. The two senior bods - Christine Heckart and Yvette Kanouff - are both set to be replaced, according to the firm. Kanouff, general manager of the Service Provider Business, told employees …

1. MrBlack

Will Cisco go the way of Nortel, and others ? The Apple model of gouging only works when the competition is lackluster and demand is there. The Cisco cli is dead. Long live the Cisco cli.

1. K

"The Cisco cli is dead."

About bloody time, but its too late for me..

Many moons ago, when I was in a position of influence as an IT Manager in an SME on the south coast, I made the decision to steer clear of Cisco, it was a blite on the industry that I refused to bow down too. With hindsight, that may have been a mistake.. I've since moved to London, and it seems every man and his dog (i.e. man = company) uses them, so it turns out, I may have shot myself in the foot..

2. sanmigueelbeer

Cisco cli is dead

Some of the new generations of IT systems/software admins have little knowledge with CLI as they're more accustomed into scripting.

This is what Cisco's direction is heading into. DNA-C, if Cisco is ever going to get it to work, will be mainly point-and-click. Admins will use the click of the mouse to configure and provision new routers and switches. Troubleshooting will be done the same way.

Reporting, oh dear, will not change. It will be the same "fixed" reports like WCS and PI.

Scientific Atlanta was a dud. Just like Flip. And Cius.

2. fredesmite

two more penheads bailed out with a golden parachute for their next grifter positions.. line forms in the rear .

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like