back to article US sea-bottom sensor net powered by 'stroking buoys'

The US Navy, often at odds with environmentalists, made a move which might please the green community yesterday. The service has awarded a $3m contract to a company producing wave-power buoys, intending to use them in an oceanic sensor array. The cash goes to Ocean Power Technologies of New Jersey, which has been working on …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Mark
    Paris Hilton

I knew it!

The americans doth protest too much! All that anti-gay was just a smokescreen!

Poor old Paris...

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Argh

A company making buoys recently floated - har har har..

3. Phil
    Paris Hilton

Nice title

The last paragraph or two are 100% Finbar Saunders.

Paris because, she's displayed that she can move freely up and down and has probably caused a lot of mechanical stroking due to video evidence.

4. Paul Williams
    Alert

Thanks....

...now I need a new euphemism detector.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

wave power invention

Big spider-like machine which can float along on ocean currents, converting up/down motion of its arms into electrical power. Dump them in one side of the ocean, then pick them up at the other with full batteries. Course, it wouldn't take much to militarize the idea and have them turn into war-of-the-worlds-esque fighting machines ready to Destroy All Humans when they run aground at the other end ...

6. Sam

question

Would these work 'round our coastline?

7. Nicholas Ettel
    Coat

Battle of the Bulge

"squeezing the tube more and more and causing the bulge... to get bigger and bigger"

*giggle*

8. Anonymous Coward
    Boffin

Oh, I say

Ocean currents are a concern when doing stroking buoys. That means thinking about drag, bottom friction, and roughness.

9. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

Oh dear

Freud would be proud.

10. Anonymous Coward
    Go

You know

I could comment on the innuendo in the article, but some how I think even Sarah would find the comments to naughty to publish. So I'll just say this, I hear greping the buoy is a favorite pass time of sailors every where. That is all :-).

11. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"Booeee"

For best results, read this article with an English accent.

12. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

@AC "Booeee"

Just read it in English. No accents involved unless you're the one who is not a native English speaker. Or are named after a city in a country that is not known for being populated by native English speakers, such as Paris.

With apologies mes amis, mijn vrienden, mis amigos, i miei amici, 我的朋友

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like