back to article Pirate pitches DVDs to Trading Standards

A 20-something Chinese woman made a creditable pitch for the world's thickest DVD pirate title when she attempted to flog her wares to West Yorkshire Trading Standards, the Evening Standard reports. The unnamed comedy bootlegger explained to "bemused" workers at the Leeds office that she'd only been in Blighty for a couple of …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

immigration

".. only been in Blighty a couple of days", well perhaps the dodgey bloke who put her in the shipping container under cover of darkness with fake documents could help with inquiries into the trade?

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

The clever sting

What trading standards should do is hire people to sit in pubs all day and waait for them to come around selling, then knab them. I'm sure if they put that job on the market there would be a sudden drop in unemployment, and save the pub trade at the same time.

3. Dillon Pyron

How dumb?

That's pretty good. How about the guy who put Order of the Phoenix on eBay last Sunday? The only reason I saw it was because I was looking for the book and didn't want to pay Amazon's price. By the time I showed it to Carol, it was gone.

4. Matthew Sinclair

Sounds like a few other stories I've heard

Like the guy who walks into a resturant to rob them only to find its full of cops who happen to enjoy the food there....

Foolishness abounds.

My favorite one however is when a bank robber shows up at a bank and says "Freeze! I'm robbing the place" or something to that effect only to find out 99% of the people in that bank are armed...

The bank was in Texas.

5. Nick Rutland

Another would-be villain, this time re-oriented by booze

http://www.guardian.co.uk/international/story/0,,2126129,00.html

6. Daniel Ballado-Torres

Kind of reminds me of that Darwin Award

... the one that describes the folly of one very stupid robber that tried to rob:

a) A firearms shop

b) Full of customers (who obviously are armed)

c) With a squad car parked right outside the store, and

d) a cop chatting with the clerk.

Sufficient to say the bloke was so stupid he made a "warning shot", which was happily reciprocated by the cops and customers. Ow.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

re daniel

i thought it was the shop assistant and the police officer returned fire, and the innocent bystanders merely drew guns to cover them....

This topic is closed for new posts.