back to article 15% revenue growth is great for most – but it's piddling if you're Huawei

Chinese smartphone maker and telecoms flinger Huawei announced its first-half revenues for 2018 today and it's clear the days of blockbuster growth are behind it. Business suit wearing man walks out of closing door in darkened room into the bright sunlight and blue sky Huawei CEO sings 'Bye, bye, mister American Pai', trims …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

No android updates

I like my P10. I would have been even happier if they could have been arsed to upgrade it to android v8. Or even some security updates...

1. Danny 14

Re: No android updates

insert usual comment about "upgrade the firmware yourself". unless the bootloader is locked of course.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

A taste of what is going to happen

to a lot of High Tech stocks.

We will get the latest dismal figures from Apple late today.

Watch out for the headlines tomorrow, Tim Cook resigns as Apple only makes $0.5B profit.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: A taste of what is going to happen

Hope you didn't put money on that "dismal figures from Apple" thesis.

1. Danny 14

the articles ive seen point to apple doing well by inflating the prices.

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

They added a higher end phone that costs more to make that sells at a higher price and people bought many of them. Are you saying there's something wrong with that strategy? The 8 / 8 plus were available for the same prices they've always been - and they still sold the 7 and even the 6S lines for people who wanted to spend less.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

huawei

no bootloader unlock,

no way to remove bloatware,

no sale.

4. Jamesdave

Huawei has bagged some great market share real quick, I have Mate 10 lite and I can see why they are growing so steadily over the last few years.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like