back to article Airbus UK infosec gros fromage: Yep, we work with arch-rivals Boeing

Airbus's UK infosec chief, Ian Goslin, has said that cyber-attack attribution is a matter for "nation states" – and has questioned whether some critical national infrastructure companies are taking the infosec threat seriously. Goslin, speaking at the Farnborough International Airshow in Hampshire where Airbus is a major …

1. Paul Herber Silver badge

Farnborough International Airshow in Surrey

Hampshire, please.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Farnborough International Airshow in Surrey

Upvoted.

Maybe that's El reg doing some sort of security through obscurity?.

Can't believe I missed that one but I have just finished a night shift.

Good to see you didn't use the mailto: to correct the error :-)

The mailto link loads the wrong mail client on this machine and I haven't got the round tuits to fix it yet, Just copying the link doesn't copy the subject etc.

I understand the security by obscurity, maybe the traffic problem can be fixed in the same way, the A325 and A331 are a nightmare when the show is on. But at least I get a good view from the back garden.

2. TimMaher Silver badge

We’ve got a Farnborough near here, just over the border in Kent. Perhaps that was what they meant?

I’ll get my bomber jacket.

Two Farnboroughs, one must be a decoy. The RAF should drop a wooden bomb on the decoy.

2. Blockchain commentard

The problem with infrastructure (like pumping stations), is they should not be anywhere near the internet. They should have dedicated cables to the head office. More expensive? Of course. More secure? Definitely. Then you only really need to worry about the head office security infrastructure.

3. Alan Brown Silver badge

" More expensive? Of course. More secure? Definitely."

More expensive? yes.

More secure? Only if you design it that way and make sure it STAYS that way.

Air gaps have a remarkable tendency to be bridged and false senses of security result in organisations not bothering to bother with hardening things internally.

Eggshell security is frequently worse than none at all, which is one of the points that Goslin was making.

4. AdamWill

Canadian *AHEM*

"given the former's acquisition of Canadian aerospace also-ran company Bombardier's C-series light airliner design"

I think you'll find Bombardier is an also-ran rail rolling stock manufacturer as well!

5. anothercynic Silver badge

Also-ran?

Bombardier is *NOT* an also-ran. Just because the C Series nearly cost them everything it does *not* make Bombardier an also-ran. Their business jets, the Q400 series, and the CRJ series are all still strong money makers.

Remember that Boeing nearly lost when they bet everything on the 747, and they found themselves deep in the crapper too over the 787, and Airbus suffered a lot of losses over the A380, so please, calling Bombardier an also-ran is an insult.

P.S. I don't work for Bombardier.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon