back to article Battleground email hoax postpones Election Day

More than 35,000 students, faculty, and staff at George Mason University in Virginia awoke on Tuesday to a find an urgent email purporting to be from their provost. "Please note that election day has been move to November 5th," the message read. "We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you." Of course, it was a hoax …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. James Le Cuirot
    Stop

500 votes

That's pretty bloody serious when you consider there were only about 500 votes in it after that very tense Florida vote back in 2000.

2. Pierre
    Black Helicopters

And how do students usually vote?

I bet the perpetrators won't be chased to seriously. After all, they just wanted to help the Good Man win. Now if they have been hacking a GILF's illegal mailbox, they would have to worry...

3. Wokstation

Aren't students generally more liberal...?

It's another page in the conspiracy files!

4. Bassey
    Happy

Plenty of this sort of thing

My Wife got back from Dublin last night where they were reporting on all sorts of schenanigans. My favourite was a poster outside a polling station stating "Democrat Voting 4th November, Republican Voting 5th November". Scandalous, obviously but also funny.

Although not as funny as Obama's Bob the Builder "Can we fix it? Yes we can" victory speech. It was a good job I'd already arrived at work when they played that on the radio this morning or I think I might have crashed the car I was laughing so loud.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Dublin?

1. When did we annex Ireland, and how did I miss it? I do hope that this will not affect the quality control at Guiness.

2. George Mason is not the best school in Virginia--though it has a number of economics Nobelists--but the students are not idiots. They are also mostly not campus-dwellers but commuters, and Donald Knuth himself could probably not draw up a route to get a majority to school without passing a blatantly open polling place.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

More, please

As an American, I'm all in favor of trying to trick people into not voting on election day. If they fall for it, they're not the kind of people I want choosing my leaders. I just wish I could figure out a system where my own (well-informed) vote counted for more than some Welfare-collecting (on the dole, for you Brits) mother of 9 by 9 different fathers (I think you Brits use the word "whorebag.") who thinks one candidate or the other will pay her gas and electric bills. (No, I'm not kidding. i wish I were.)

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@More

How well-informed can you be if you can't find a state with low enough population to maximize the per-capita share of electoral votes? Does Gateway still have offices in the Dakotas?

This topic is closed for new posts.