back to article Sony Ericsson Walkman W595 music phone

Flag-flying top-of-the-rangers like the Walkman W902 and C905 are all very well for grabbing headlines, but the really big sellers are usually further down the range. And with the W595, Sony Ericsson might very well have a serious mid-tier box-shifter on its hands. Sony Ericsson W595 Sony Ericsson's W595: funky-looking …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Leo Davidson
    Thumb Down

No gapless playback if it's like the W910i

I've got a W910i and it's a great phone but not a good music player since, like Sony's other current MP3 players, it doesn't do gapless playback.

If Apple (with the iPod) and Microsoft (with the Zune) can implement gapless playback, and considering that Sony *used* to do it with their ATRAC players, it doesn't seem too much to expect things that carry the Walkman brand to do it as well. Sadly they do not.

Shame, though the rest of the W910i works great.

2. Christopher Rogers

@leo

I agree, thats really all thats missing from the walkman range. A lot of these phones are much of a muchness, which isn't a completely bad thing when they have this level of quality.

3. paul
    Thumb Up

no silly software

"you can simply drag and drop in mass-storage mode. "

Wish my jesus phone did that by default. I hate the pos that is iTunes. Thankfully I have now jailbroken it and with some clever SSH / Rsync and a new music player app - it syncs wirelessly.

4. Warhelmet
    Thumb Down

Bastards

"You can also listen using the loudspeaker, which is a typically tinny when cranked up, but is capable of hitting surprisingly high volume levels."

Oh great. Sony Ericsson have just made my daily commute a potential even more miserable experience. There should be a law against this sort of thing.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Memory Stick

Drop that proprietary rubbish, Sony, then I might consider using one of your phones.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like