back to article Spanish cities surrender to Street View

We offer our condolences today to the good burghers of Barcelona, Madrid, Seville and Valencia, who are as of right now available for public viewing on Google's all-seeing Street View. Here's a nice snap of Madrid's Plaza de Cibeles: Street View of Madrid's Plaza de Cibeles As regular readers will be aware, much has been …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Sceptical Bastard

Get yer facts right!

My missus was NOT talking to a Colombian marching powder dealer - she was talking to our scag dealer. And no explanation will be needed because she was scoring the smack for me.

Manuel

2. Dick Lovewell
    Paris Hilton

El Google?

It's great to see El Reg's principled stand against Google sticking innocent members of the public's mugs onto internet by, er, sticking an innocent member of the public's mug up on the internet.

That said, given the apparent narcotic preferences of this woman, and the fact she is in fact just 18 years of age, perhaps the Reg has unwittingly been revealed as being at the forfront of Britain (and Spain's) war on naughty substances?

Paris....because she's not afraid to let her flesh go public.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

Well they are good at surrendering

Nothing new here, move along.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

theory

Has El Reg considered the possibility that the new Dornier will actually be used to provide close cover for the snoopmobiles?

5. Mark

In Zaragoza as well...

Yesterday I saw them in Zaragoza as well...

6. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Google Snoopmobile in Salisbury

We spotted one of these cars on the A36 Southampton Road, crossing the Tesco roundabout, in Salisbury, Wiltshire yesterday. I could not get a pic as I was driving, but it looks as though they have finished with London and moved on to the provinces now.

7. Stu
    Unhappy

Well wouldn't u friggin know it ...

... theres me, waiting ages and ages for UK streetview, and the bloomin Spaniards have it before us!

Methinks Google are a bit paranoid about all this streetview privacy nonsense for the UK release.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Streets Missing..

Funny how they've covered virtually all of the centre apart from the bit south of Grand Via, in a continuation of Fuencarral. I remember walking down Fuencarral which is a well known shopping street with small boutiques but more skate 'n' street than dolce and gabanna. Crossed the road walked on a bit more and though, blimey there's quite a few ladies hanging around here on there own, all a bit rough and about 5 yds apart.

Then the penny dropped...obviously I made my excuses and left sharply in bext NOTW tradition..

9. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

"example of when it doesn't actually work"

Never mind what's possible for an algorithm, I'm not even sure that /I/ could identify what was the 'face' end of that munter. Clearly she forgot to shave her ass and walk backwards standing on her hands that morning.

Coat, because... well I've just been and offended about 99% of the entire world. Byeee!

10. Tim Spence

RE: Well wouldn't u friggin know it ...

I find it hilarious that people are sat around eagerly waiting for the UK's Streetview stuff to come online.

Assuming you live in the UK, just go and take a look yourself! And either way, you're surely looking forward to it to check out places you've been - just use your Mk1 standard issue memory, and think back to when you were there.

I am not criticising anyone here - I speak as one of the numpties waiting for Streetview to be released, so I can go look at places I've been or lived. However, my Mk1 standard issue memory is old, so I have an excuse.

11. Davide Inglima
    Coat

Italy is coming soon too.

Seen the googlecar twice in Turin. Anyway, get ready to check the Italian news service, as it will be hilarious to see Google being sued from both the "Garante della Privacy" and the Ministry of Cultural Heritage and Activities.

The first because of some clause inside the Italian Data Protection Code, and the second because of copyright violation (yes, if you publish an unlicensed picture of a monument or other similar landmarks you are violating copyright in Italy).

12. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Re: Streets Missing..

>Then the penny dropped...

Could also be because it's a pedestrian zone

There's been no attempt at hiding the ladies, a few can be seen down Calle del Desengaño, a bit to the west of Fuencarral and the first parallel to Gran Via.

13. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

useful for scoping out potential employers

"Cutting edge work environment" -> run down hovel with damp issues and permanent police in riot gear presence

"open space work space" -> building not yet completed and likely wont be as the beancounters ran off with the budget in the direction of south america

Sat images don't do justice to some of the horrors I've seen over the years

14. Anonymous Coward
    Alert

I cant wait for the red light district pictures

Has Amsterdam been goggled yet? Brings a whole new meaning to Goggle.

15. Anonymous Coward
    Alert

Italy has fallen!

That makes France Spane and Italy.

Obviously invading from the south west.

16. Matt

@AC 08:46

"Spane"?

Really??

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like