back to article High-speed train toilet attempts to eat Frenchman

Emergency services were on Sunday obliged to cut free a TGV passenger whose arm was swallowed by the high-speed train's sucking dunny, the BBC reports. The unnamed 26-year-old victim - travelling from La Rochelle to Bordeaux - dropped his mobe into the bog and ill-advisedly attempted to retrieve it from the lav's depths. Cue a …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Michael

LInks to previous/related stories are nice,

but is over a page full of them really necessary?

2. Chris

Did he let go?

Man: Homer, this...this is never easy to say. I'm going to have to saw your arms off.

Homer: They'll grow back, right?

Man: Oh, er, yeah.

Homer: Whew!

Man: Homer, are you just holding onto the can?

Homer: Your point being?

3. Anonymous Coward
    Alert

What?

"He came out on a stretcher, with his hand still jammed in the toilet bowl, which they had to saw clean off."

What did they saw off, the toilet bowl or his hand?

4. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

Rofl

About time we implemented TGVs over here then - quite apart from them being 20 times faster and more reliable than the %£$%£$ my train company claims is "a modern and exciting train service", they also try to chew the limbs off people who use their mobiles on trains.

That has to be a good thing, and I, for one, welcome our new 200mph 'phone hungry overlords.

Paris, for the French connection if nothing else.

5. citizenx
    Happy

AC - err...

>"He came out on a stretcher, with his hand still jammed in the toilet bowl, which they had to saw clean off."

>What did they saw off, the toilet bowl or his hand?

Well if the toilet was still attached to him then its a safe bet they didn't just carry out a bog and his arm!

6. Nick
    Paris Hilton

Hand eating non-surrender monkey.

Upto his elbow in Merde?

Paris, because of the French Connection, and I'm sure she knows what having a fist inserted is like.

7. G2
    Paris Hilton

so..about his phone

never mind his hand or the toilet... did he recover his phone or not ?

/Paris icon just because of the phone angle

8. Schultz
    Boffin

Holy S#@¥

Now that's an obvious design failure, they should add a button to toggle flush / spray."

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Just a question

What made him think the phone would still work, after being submerged in liquids while on ?? If did work, would the calls he made , be shitty ???

Mines the one that says DPW on it.

10. radian

so...

What phone was it?

It'd have to be bloody good for me to rummage round the u-band of my own bog, let alone a public khazi.

Actually, thinking about it, I haven't got a copy of my phones address book so I'd probably have to.

11. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

It begs the question...

If he had managed to recover his phone from that big tank of crap and chemical soup it ended up in would he ever want to put that thing anywhere near his face again?

If there ever was a reason to use a hands free kit with your phone that would be it.

Was the phone (B)Loo-tooth compatable?

12. Warhelmet

Welcome!

I, for one, welcome our new shiny porcelain overlords.

13. Mike Hocker
    Boffin

RoTM?

Back in the old days when dinosaurs lounged about, RoTM stood for "Rise of The Mammals". No one then believed in RoTM, or the T100 Exterminator...

And look what happened to the dinosaurs! Alligator steaks and snakeskin boots anyone?

14. Chris G

Bellicose bog belligerency

In France is hardly an unusual thing. French toilets are renowned for their anti-social attributes.

I think if I had dropped my phone into a French khazi I would leave it there and put it down to experience.

15. Stuart
    Jobs Halo

Must have been...

...an iPhone. What other mobile device would you take on the metallic legion of doom for.

16. Jeremy
    Coat

I for one...

...welcome our limb-sucking lavatorial overlords...

17. Tom Simnett
    Coat

Re mephistophelean motors

At least in that article, we were fore-armed. Not so in this case, clearly!

IGMC.

18. Anonymous John
    Coat

Does he have to pay for the damage?

Mine's the one with the very smelly sleeve.

19. frito_x
    Alert

ambiguous or what?

>What did they saw off, the toilet bowl or his hand?

someone should clarify this... unless their agenda is to keep people away from toilets in trains... i for one am frightened, for some people it's a reflex thing to dive for that phone...

cheers.

20. Nev
    Stop

Dropping your phone...

... is not excuse enough to stick your hands down a French khazi!

21. Sam

Understandable mistake.

The bog processes some shit, the frog sticks his arm in, bog detects more shit (let frog=shit), logic.

22. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

that's what he gets

For having a damnable mobe on a train and pissing off all the other passengers. Sorry, no sympathy here.

23. daniel
    Thumb Up

most modern train toilets

have "suction flush" so if your sitting on it when you flush and get a bit unlucky qell lets just say a relative of mine who is a train driver has had to release a few people on this side of the pond because the loo wanted to suck them in. There is a release valve. How ever they'll be a nice red ring all round your um, yeah.

24. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Flushed

I bet the guy was flushed with embarassment...

Ok, I'm going, I'm going!

25. Andy Worth

All I can say....

.....is that is why I have phone insurance....for the precise reason that one day it may prevent me from having to stick my hand into a French toilet.

26. A J Stiles
    Coat

I thought .....

I thought French train toilets worked on broadly the same principle as British ones, i.e. they just flushed onto the tracks. The Belgian ones certainly did last time I was there; they were fitted with neither a U-bend nor a flap, and you could see the ground rushing past below as you did your business.

27. Hollerith

I will never borrow a mate's mobile again ever

Ever, ever.

As in the old saying 'Don't touch that hedgehog, Baby Elizabeth, you don't know where it's been.'

28. Timothy
    Joke

Poor devil

"He came out on a stretcher, with his hand still jammed in the toilet bowl, which they had to saw clean off."

Why did they need to saw off his hand? Watching too many SAW movies?

This topic is closed for new posts.