back to article Microsoft sees Red ...Hat for OpenShift-on-Azure public cloud offering

Red Hat and Microsoft today tore the wraps off a jointly managed public OpenShift service running on Azure. The deal will let customers run Kubernetes-container-based applications on either on-premises servers or the Azure cloud, and manage them through OpenShift. Both vendors are planning to offer support for the service, …

1. bombastic bob Silver badge
    Linux

RH dealing with the devil (Micro-shaft)

I don't really blame RH for wanting to "partner" with Micro-shaft with cloud services (etc.) but I strongly suspect they might end up being swallowed later on...

(history suggests this pattern)

As for IBM, they've been committed to using Linux for quite a while now, so I'm pretty sure they'll be happy to make hardware that Linux runs on (and software solutions that run on them). No danger to RH there, as far as I would guess.

But RH needs to make sure they have an 'ass protector' already installed (and properly configured to defend against Micro-shaft). They're sneaky little buggers and RH doesn't need a "surprise".

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: RH dealing with the devil (Micro-shaft)

I've been wondering for a while when MS might buy RH. I suppose if this works out well then they just might. I'm against that happening but neither of those Corps. seem to listen to me :-|

2. handleoclast

What a terrible name for a product

I keep reading it as "OpenShit." Even after I realized I was misreading it, and tried not to, I still kept reading it as "OpenShit."

3. Kabukiwookie

It's time for another Enterprise Linux distribution than just Redhat (and no Oracle Linux, with Oracle support logging tickets with Redhat support themselves is not a good alternative).

The lack of real competition in the Enterprise Linux market, has not done us any good.

4. Alister
    Coat

Embrace, extend, errr, what was the other one again?

Exterminate?

Oh no sorry, that's something else.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like