back to article New and inventive code is transforming your business – and bringing with it new and inventive ways for things to fail

Businesses are becoming increasingly digitalised, with operations and customer experiences relying on data and devices being online all the time. Application architectures and practices are evolving around high-availability and low-touch administration to allow rapid change, while also serving a variety of platforms. …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Ken 16 Silver badge
    Facepalm

"Here's how to ensure biz continuity at your workplace"?

Clickbait from the Dept of Ursine Defecation in Sylvanian ecosystems.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Facepalm

Read title.

CRTL+F

"test"

Phrase not found.

No need to read article.

3. teebie

Who is this aimed at?

4. CAPS LOCK

Where I work there's a 'Health & Safety' notice:

"1. Do everything you must do, and do it perfectly.

2. Under no circumstances do anything you should not do."

That's just as sound advice as in the article.

5. handleoclast

I wonder

Has anyone done a risk assessment on the adoption of DevOps?

6. doublelayer Silver badge

What?

"Businesses are becoming increasingly digitalised, with operations and customer experiences relying on data and devices being online all the time."

As opposed to...what? Last year, when everything was the same? Five years ago when the viruses were a bit different but they still existed so everything was the same? Ten years ago where the viruses were different and the windows wasn't wobbly but basically everything was the same? Fifteen years ago where the computers were slow and noisy, but viruses still happened and things would break from user error or security problems, so everything was the same?

"If you’re starting to think: “Hang about, that sounds like DevOps” – a philosophy that’s making inroads in software development - then you should be, because that’s where we are."

Oh. That's what this is. Carry on then.

I'd like to see the DevOps people define it. But not like they have been doing, with the weird words, the seeming lack of knowing how the IT department works and/or interacts with the company, or the part where they tell you that you have a problem but the solution is essentially "think some more about it". I'd like to here the one-sentence, maximum-twenty-words, maximum-length-of-words-ten-letters, definition of DevOps. And don't try the recursive definition, either.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Business continuity in case failover fails

Any company that has failover technology but doesn't properly test it so they know it will kick in when needed will NEVER have the will to devote the resources necessary to developing a real continuity plan for when their primary goes down and failover fails!

This topic is closed for new posts.