back to article AppleStore shut for 'update' - new kit coming?

Apple's online AppleStore - it's US incarnation, at least - has temporarily shut its doors to customers pending an update. This typically happens when the Mac maker's just about to announce new products. As we wrote earlier, it's unlikely to be a new, smaller, cheaper iPhone, but in this business you never say never. The …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Stephane Mabille

US up, UK down

US shop now up and running, UK site down for update...

2. Simon Greenwood

Why yes

I really think Apple would be so stupid as to announce another version of the iPhone less than a month after the first one shipped. Do you people actually read what you're writing anymore?

3. Frank Bough

This Non-Story

Reveals The Reg for the self-hating Apple fanboys that you've become.

You don't have to hate yourselves because you like well-designed digital devices, leave that to the basement-dwelling nerds.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Applestore shut

The US Apple Store is now back online.

Cannot see any obvious updates to the products on the store. Has any eager eyed beaver spotted something I have not?

5. Darren Burrows

Store is down?

Seems to be working fine for me. No back soon message like I'd expect.

Quick glance of the store shows nowthing out of the ordinary - though granted I've not checked individual product pages.

6. James Delaney

New AppleTV

Looks like they've finally upgraded the hard drive in the AppleTV.

There is a shiny 160GB version for £269.

7. Scott Mckenzie

Refurb Store

I noticed the refurb store has had a facelift yesterday.. could well have been that?

The AppleTV had the 160Gb drive added about a month ago, but they didn't seem to make a huge fuss about it.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like