back to article TSA signs off on paperless boarding

The US Transport Security Administration says it has successfully completed tests of electronic boarding passes sent to mobile phones as bar-codes, setting the stage for expanded use of the technology. The passes have been in use at a few airports around the USA, including deployments by Delta Airlines at LaGuardia (New York) …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Luke Bearl
    Stop

Sponsorship for sick bags?

If a company can get sponsorship for puke bags, why is any company having any difficulty finding money these days?

Mine is the the free one with company ads all over it.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

mobile phone use on us carriers, in the US

You can pretty much use your mobile phone until the plane is pushed back from the stand on departure.

Also, on arrival you are permitted to switch phones back on when the aircraft has left the runway to begin its taxi.

3. Kevin Whitefoot
    Flame

What's the point?

I never have a ticket when I travel. And in Scandinavia I mostly don't need a boarding pass either because the ticket is linked to my credit card or my SAS Gold card; this system is spreading in Europe quite quickly. So adding a layer of complexity by tying it to a mobile phone is providing a solution to a problem we don't actually have.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like