back to article Super Cali upstart's new rocket test approaches, even though the size of it won't launch a Tesla motor

Secretive Californian upstart Astra Space Inc. looks set to conduct the first test flight of its creatively named "Rocket 1" launcher from Alaska's Pacific Spaceport Complex in the next couple of days. The first sign that rocketry might be afoot came in the guise of a Commercial Space Transportation Licence (PDF) issued by the …

1. Bloodbeastterror

Super Cali...

...yawn...

Enough already...

2. graeme leggett Silver badge

Headline

One of your best yet.

1. Colin Wilson 2

Re: Headline

"One of your best yet."

... except it doesn't quite scan, and doesn't quite rhyme(!)

"Super Cali upstart's shiny rocket test approaches..." would have fixed the first one.

1. Matthew Smith

Re: Headline

Super Cali's new ballistic exam time now approaches?

If you must. Probably better you don't.

3. hplasm
    Thumb Up

Where's...

The Cheese?

Good luck to them tho '!

4. lglethal Silver badge
    Joke

Ford needs to up its game...

This is the perfect opportunity for some advertising for Ford.

Shoot for the stars by buying an Astra (it will probably wont make it and come crashing back to Earth as a giant fireball, but if you've ever driven an Astra you'll know the feeling!)

1. Alister

Re: Ford needs to up its game...

In the UK, the Astra is made by GM (as Vauxhall)

Oops, not any more, it's owned by PSA Group, apparently!

1. lglethal Silver badge
        Facepalm

Re: Ford needs to up its game...

Me after realising I named the wrong bloody car company --->

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

The first sign that rocketry might be afoot came in the guise of a Commercial Space Transportation Licence (PDF) issued by the Federal Aviation Administration on 30 March, which gave the firm a year to light its candle.

Now when is el Reg going to get one of those for LOHAN or is that project now dead?

1. defiler

Awaiting an Easter miracle

LOHAN was Lester's baby. Apparently there's a group trying to piece it back together, but it's been very much on the back burner since he died.

Official word

6. Kevin McMurtrie Silver badge
    Terminator

Headline-writing bot

I see the new headline-writing bot is working well. And by bot, I mean the AI job applicants that you chained up in the basement.

7. John Brown (no body) Silver badge

Alaska Spaceport

I'd have thought there would many fewer opportunities for cheap, efficient and economic launches from that far north. Not to mention the high likelihood of long periods of "no launch today" due to weather.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like