back to article El Reg launches Bletchley fundraising t-shirt

We're delighted to announce today the launch of a Bletchley Park fundraising t-shirt, in response to reader demands that El Reg do something to lend its support to Station X: El Reg's fundraising Enigma t-shirt All profits from the sale of our Enigmatic apparel are split between the the Bletchley Park Trust and The National …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Marco
    Heart

Good for You

I travelled to Bletchley Park a few years ago and it was in a sorry state then. I can only imagine what it's like now, It's a damn shame. Thanks to the reg for helping to preserve a national treasure!

2. Peter Simpson
    Thumb Up

Well done, Reg!

Mine's ordered. Nice artwork, and for a good cause. I made it a point to visit when I was last in the UK and it was well worth the trip.

3. Jerome
    Coat

Something funnier?

Whilst I applaud the sentiment, a slightly more amusing design might have sold better with the geek crowd. Might I suggest something along the lines of "Enigma? WTF is that?"

4. Nick L
    Dead Vulture

El Reg slogan

Idea for a more El Reg style t-shirt:

"My country's boffins cracked the enigma code, and all we'll have left is this lousy t-shirt"

with

"Sod the whales - Support Bletchley Park before it's too late" on the back.

Or something like that...

5. Avi
    Heart

I was hoping this would happen

If for no other reason than to demonstrate to myself that I, too, generally only donate to charidee if I get a t-shirt in return....

Also, I get an error from my browser saying you've used the wrong Google Maps API key somewhere. This is an old nightly build, though, so it could just be practicing for whatever today's fatal bug is.

6. John PM Chappell
    Thumb Up

I second Nick L

I'd surely pay for that T shirt :¬)

7. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

From the colonies.....

Top Marks for the assist! Bletchley should be saved. Ordered 2 shirts, urging my other geek friends to do the same.

I can't say it any better than Stan Kelly-Bootle:

"Lest we forget....when you next run StarTrader, Hammurabi, or Battleships on your playful inhouse system, spare a thought for those who computed a real war, and won: Atanasoff, Bigelow, Churchhouse, J.P. Eckert, W.J. Eckert, Einstein, Fermi, Goldstine, Mauchly, Newman, Oppenheimer, Telford, Turing, Ulam, von Neumann,Welchman,. . . "

8. David Pollard

The proposed £12 billion data silo?

There couldn't be a more enigmatic location for it than Bletchley Park.

9. Anonymous Coward
    Unhappy

Blue one?

Nice blue one please?

10. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

Or how about....

.... "Just look at my bombe!"

11. Iain
    Thumb Up

£25 to Bletchley

in exchange for a "Does my Bombe look big in this?" T sounds like a fair deal.

12. Brian Miller

Different slogans

I think El Reg missed some of the better T-shirt slogans.

"Bombe Crack"

"Enigma Cracking Bombe"

"Love My Bombe"

This topic is closed for new posts.