back to article Air Canada's network soars back up after Monday morning death dive

The famed politeness of Canadians was put to the test on Monday after the nation's largest airline suffered a massive computer outage, leaving travelers stranded. The outage occurred during the Monday morning rush hour and left staff unable to check-in passengers or their luggage, and communications with the airline's call …

1. JeffyPoooh
    Pint

Jim Harris tweet, "My first hand written boarding pass ever..."

Jim must be quite young.

2. Nolveys

Everything is delayed, nothing is working...

So, a normal day at Air Canada?

3. AdamWill

well...

"The famed politeness of Canadians was put to the test on Monday after the nation's largest airline suffered a massive computer outage, leaving travelers stranded."

You'd be hard pressed to identify the famed politeness of Canadians in just about anyone working for Air Canada anyway, in my experience. Much better off on Westjet...

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Canuck destressing

Well, jeez-oh! Gosh darn it! Aw heck! Tabernac! Crumbs! Sacre-bleu! Horse-puckey!

Oh, sorry about the strong language. Got carried away with my emotions. I'll just go sit over here quietly until I can regain control of myself. Thanks for your understanding. Sorry again, everyone!

5. TRT Silver badge

Sorry about the computer meltdown...

Please check your flight on the computer system.

Not famed for brightness then?

6. Thicko

Ahhh. Fly Air Canada to a world of possibilities!

7. Anonymous South African Coward Bronze badge

Some poor IT bod resetted the wrong server then?

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I continue to be amazed that the airline business which relies on safety doesn't apply aviation standards to it's own IT.

Why ?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like