back to article Microsoft floats feelers for fake worlds

At least two crucial ingredients are missing from virtual and augmented reality: revenue and a sense of touch. The industry is confident that the revenue is coming as hardware costs fall, awareness rises, and expectations become more realistic. Consultancy Greenlight Insights reckons global VR revenue will reach $75 billion by …

1. eswan

First read through of the title was interpreted as "Microsoft floats feelers for fake Words" and I thought it was going to be a VR version of Word.

2. JassMan
    Joke

When is an acronym not an acronym?

CLAW is not an acronym – Microsoft uses capital letters for no good reason.

This is obviously pronounceable since it is a valid english word therefore it is an acronym. The problem is that Microshaft are just too embarrassed to state its meaning.

Crap Looking Appendage for Wankers.

1. Francis Boyle Silver badge

Not with that

I wouldn't

3. joed

can't wait

"The industry is confident that the revenue is coming as hardware costs fall, awareness rises, and expectations become more realistic." - this sounds exciting. Lets also get ready for riding schoolbuses if the same logic applied to autonomous vehicles.

4. Argh

These haptic gloves that I saw on this video the other day look more impressive (but still look very clunky and prototypey): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OK2y4Z5IkZ0&feature=youtu.be&t=95

1. GX5000
      Trollface

The Future is Haptic

Oh god - No Glove no Love Incoming.....

5. Neoc

Not "the claw", "the CLAW"

(with apologies to Mr. M Smart)

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like