back to article T-Mobile Googlephone to hit UK in two weeks

Brits will be able to get their hands on T-Mobile's G1 Googlephone at the end of the month, the carrier said today. The G1 will be available from Thursday, 30 October, T-Mobile said. Sign up for a Combi or Flext £40-a-month package, and you have have the G1 for nowt. G1_02 T-Mobile's G1: arriving in the UK at the end of the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

And ....

... the first patch/firmware fix on the 31st ...

2. r76
    Thumb Down

Thanks for the warning

Still time to poke my eyes out with a sharp stick before I catch sight of this vision of beauty...

3. Aristotles slow and dimwitted horse
    Thumb Down

Come on...

Is there anybody out there who REALLY gives a flying toss about this.

Perhaps it's just me but IT'S JUST A PHONE!!!!

4. Syd
    Jobs Halo

Doesn't this make it even more expensive...

... than the Jesus phone?

5. Chronos
    Joke

Oh hooray!

That was with heavy sarcasm. Don't blame me if they launch the GeekRoomView extension to Google Maps after three months of your almost useless T-sodding-Mobile chained handset sitting in its dock with its aGPS and camera activated. Oh, and send that "text message" to the bird in accounts and both of you start getting ads for teledildonics. This is Google, after all.

Joke: Because these things invariably turn out to be.

6. Nick
    Thumb Down

Yeah, and...

... when's the Xperia X1 due to arrive with big T?

7. Anonymous Coward
    Go

Yes, Aristotles...

...it's just a phone. And this is just a tech hardware blog, which is precisely why I'm very interested to read about it here.

The web is a big place - if you're offended, go and play somewhere else.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

re: Aristotle

>>> Is there anybody out there who REALLY gives a flying toss about this.

Yes. It would combine all the devices I carry into one and be an open platform as well. I may even try to learn Java for this.

9. Richard

This is a bad mock up surely?

I mean who would take a touchscreen phone and glue an 90's retro style bunch of buttons on the bottom? Yuck.

It makes my 2nd hand Samsung blackjack look positively gorgeous (hint: it is not and it runs Winblows Mobile [between hangs that is]).

Gooiephones only saving grace might be the software but at that price just buy an iphone and develop for that.

10. Seán

Hooray

Anything that isn't an iPhone is just fucking brilliant. I hate apple and the poxy proprietary iphone with a passion and if this gphone can help kill the iphone then I'll buy two.

11. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

@ Seán

I'm going to do the opposite, I'm going to buy 4 iPhone's JUST to piss Google off.

Yeah!! TAKE THAT!! I'm GONNA spend £800 of my own money just to prove a point, that'll show them, check me out I'm such an anarchist...rraaaaaaahhhh!!!

12. James Dunmore
    Thumb Up

if it doesn't use iTunes....

Then it already has won the "iPhone" beater battle !

13. Matt Smart
    Jobs Horns

@Aristotles...

Yes. It really is just you.

Although I hasten to add, the G1 is a little ugly. Can't wait to see what they put android on next. Also, I'm sure the axioms about early adopters apply... wait until the next release!

14. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

re: Sean/Isamu

You two have just reminded of an excellent bumper sticker that The Onion sell:

MY VOTE CANCELS OUT Y'ALLS

Out of interest, why would anyone hate a phone? iPhone, Googlephone, whatever. Did an iPhone touch you in an inappropriate place once or something?

15. Mike Byrne

Without multi-touch...

...its never going to take on the iPhone.

16. ruffage

urgh

At least no one's going to steal that ugly piece of crap when you whip it out in the pub. Oh, but then at 158g you're not going to be carrying it in the first place. Was the design someone's school project?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like